OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

US Optics sold?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US Optics sold?
    Posted: July/25/2017 at 13:44
Didn't know where else to put this.

Got a buddy who is pretty plugged into the community.  He told me US Optics has been sold, as a company.  Anyone heard this also?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2017 at 14:18
Awhile back, yes.  Recently, no.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2017 at 16:51
When you do a search there are no articles or write-ups about it. A scary notion though seeing that often times a liberal investor is usually involved.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2017 at 19:06
I contacted U.S. Optics today.  Confirmed they have, in fact, been sold, several months ago.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2017 at 19:32
JW 3 was a trip. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2017 at 19:48
Sold to who?

Now might be the time to get a 3-17 w/ EREK.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 00:14
currently anticipating one

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 09:31
Down Range Solutions Group

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 11:07

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 17:30
Cool name....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
m1911 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2017 at 18:31
A few years ago the LaRue guys told me they loved US-Optics stuff....so I nosed around but never bought any back then.
As my Optics desires evolved over the past few years, I recently considered them.
However, I really didn't like the constant model changing, etc.
I ended up with several Schmidt & Bender PM-II Scopes in the meantime.
They have everything I want and need with boring ole high quality and reliability....

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 03:38

I guess the difference is... with S&B, you get what they want to sell you... with US Optics, you can pretty much tailor a scope to get what you want (within the limits of overall design and set of offerings).  It is a flexibility I don't see any other scope manufacturer offering.  S&B is a quality option.  It remains to be seen what US Optics becomes.  I own one... it is one of my most prized.  Mechanicals are outstanding, adjustment range is way above "average", glass is "very good", illumination is superior,  MDMOA reticle is exactly what I wanted (but there are many options for reticle choice).  My next US Optics scope will probably have a HORUS reticle.  Equivalent S&B to what will probably be my "next" purchase is $500-$1000 more.  I've owned and used S&B scopes, can't see the difference for the price.  Nothing against them at all, great craftsmanship, great optics, but heavy price.  I don't know of another scope manufacturer that offers as many options as US Optics.  It remains to be seen how things turn out under new ownership. 

I've never used a S&B or a US Optics scope I didn't like. I like US ownership, craftsmanship a lot. 

m1911 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2017 at 16:57
I'm very OCD, and when I buy something, I like to buy more than one of the same thing....sometimes over time.

This illustrates my point.....if I had bought anything here, then found out it wasn't available soon after, I would be bummed.
All the scopes on this link seem to be AWESOME....then they eliminate most models and replace them with Bravo series....at lower prices???
https://www.usoptics.com/discontinued-optics/

PS:  I would rather buy USA made as well....but S&B had the PM-II 10x42 Fixed Power Scope....so I bought 3 of them....
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2017 at 09:28
I seen the other day on instagram,that they are moving their production facility out of commiefornia and into Montana! It will be good to have USO back in the free world.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2017 at 12:58
The Flathead Valley is turning into a firearms manufacturing center. A few weeks ago, we drove by Proof Research on Hwy 2 and I was surprised how big they are...and that's just one relatively niche company.
Reaction time is a factor...
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2017 at 19:36

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2017 at 19:41
Windage remains locked pull out to unlock and adjust.  The Zero stop for how far dow is the silver screw center of the top knob the top elevation knob has a pull up to lock photo shown is in the locked position.
Read the instruction manual first its not as simple as most of the scopes I have had. Initial range use zeroed high at 100 anticipating a 200 yd zero once taken to 200 it was dead on. 
Thunbs Up Highly Recommended.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2017 at 05:49

Sometimes I think it was much easier when I just had two scopes that I swapped around to different rifles...  requires a "re-acquaintance" period for many of them.  However, the USOptics is worth the extra... maybe I should just replace everything with USO scopes...

Let me know what you think of it after you've used it a bit.  I believe yours is the new design style?

Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2017 at 22:19
Its the new design style.   

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2017 at 04:01
Looks good from here, but I've not had one in hand, yet. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic