OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sig Oscar 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sig Oscar 7
    Posted: June/13/2017 at 20:04
Anyone have any experience with the Sig Oscar7 20-60x82 spotting scope?

Not much on the street as far as reviews and I'm curious how it compares with the likes of the Razor HD. Prices are comparable.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2017 at 09:41
Any idea who makes Sig's optics?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2017 at 11:18
I've heard China for some and Japan for their higher end products, but no idea what is truth or fiction.

Only experience I have is with their Tango4 3-12x and Tango6 4-24X scopes.  Experience was pretty informal and limited to getting a rough zero at 25 yards, but little taste I did get impressed me.  They are contenders.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2017 at 11:35
Ilya will know who makes them and where.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2017 at 12:31
Tango4 is made in the Philippines.
Tango6 in Japan

I am not sure about Oscar7, but my best bet is China, by the same excellent OEM who makes these for a bunch of other people. That is probably the best OEM in China for observation devices.

ILya
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2017 at 15:34
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Tango4 is made in the Philippines.
Tango6 in Japan

I am not sure about Oscar7, but my best bet is China, by the same excellent OEM who makes these for a bunch of other people. That is probably the best OEM in China for observation devices.

ILya

Ilya,

Any stick time with the Oscar7 at Shot?  General impressions?  Outside of a few articles that are more product announcements/marketing material, there isn't much out there.

Mike
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2017 at 18:17
SHOT is not a good place to look at spotters and Sig booth was really not set up for that.

It looked pretty respectable, but I can't really offer any details.

ILya
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2017 at 15:11
Good point.  I just ordered one so hopefully I should be able to provide a knuckledragger's review compared to my Zen Ray ED2.

Edited by Marine24 - June/15/2017 at 15:20
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2017 at 08:45
This won't be at the level that others have reviewed products, but have to give the Sig Oscar7 a big thumbs up.

Side by side with my Zen Ray ED2, it is clear that the Oscar7 is the better spotting scope.  Color correctness, vibrancy, crispness of the image and clarity was exceptional.  The differences between the two were very obvious.

The Zen Ray has served me well for the past three years and is a good spotting scope, but the Oscar7 is definitely better.

It uses the same bayonet mount as the previous generation Vortex Razor HD spotting scope and the Zen Ray.  I was able to use Vortex fixed 30X ranging reticle eyepiece in the Oscar7.

No sure how it comes with the second generation Razor or other higher end spotting scopes, but would bet that it would fair very favorably.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic