OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Which scope to buy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which scope to buy?
    Posted: September/04/2006 at 20:54
I just bought a Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe 30.06. I am now looking for a scope. I only want to spend around $200.00 or less. I have narrowed down my choices to Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40, a Burris Fullfield II or a Leupold VX-1.

All the scopes come in gloss except the Nikon, which onoly comes in matte or silver.  Since the Weatherby Deluxe is a high gloss gun, I sort of wanted a gloss scope.

Which of these 3 would you recommend? Are there any other models in that price range that you would recommend over these 3? Thanks much.
2tap View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2tap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2006 at 21:44
HEY BUDDY,
ROY Y@? Becuse after 2 on tap I go home. OREGON is tough .08
Thanks for the tip on SCOPE For BERRETT. ALthough they don't KICK that much,as U know the BARL. recoils. So it was the combo I was thinking of.. OK YOU have 1choice as far as I'm concerond, THE NIKON IN MATT!!! I Got One I'll keep as long as I live.. GOOD LUCK.. 2TAP, the Iceman
2tap
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2006 at 04:35

Royy2

Welcome to the forums.  If you do a search for Nikon Buckmaster or Burris Fullfield or the Leupold VXI you will have plenty of information out there.

Generally I think the Burris FullField and the Nikon Buckmaster are about the same optics wise.  Its too close for me to really give a clear winner.  Both the Burris Fullfield and the Nikon Buckmaster are much better optically over the VXI.

I'd give a slight edge in the durability department to the Burris, they seem rather stout.  Again optics wise either the Burris or Nikon will out perform the VXI, so I'd go with either one of those and it would come down to what one I could find the best deal on at the moment. Or as you stated that you wanted a gloss finish then go with the Burris.  I personally have found that gloss finishes seem to wear faster on scopes then the matte but I agree on a bright blued gun the gloss may look better.

Happy shooting

AC

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

royy2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2006 at 07:48
Thanks much!
ar15a292f View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ar15a292f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2006 at 10:05
I would go with the Burris Fullfield II.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2006 at 11:33
Fullfield II 3-9x40 with Ballistic Plex or Sightron S2 3-9x42.

Sightron has better glass and longer eye relief, but Burris has a holdover reticle.  Choose what is more important to you.

ILya
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2006 at 00:37
Burris FF II.  It's a fine little scope, and you get a free set of binoculars to play with!
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2006 at 16:22

FFII.

ranburr

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic