OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS 3-15x42 DM What a Great Reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS 3-15x42 DM What a Great Reticle
    Posted: May/06/2017 at 16:41
https://swfa.com/images/3-15X42_SFP_DiamondCenter_subtensions.jpg

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2017 at 16:42
I finally broke down and bought one of these I should have bought several.  I had in on the range and was very impressed with the reticle and performance.  Highly Recommended.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2017 at 05:55
Glad you could indulge yourself, Wes Hope you truly enjoy it!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2017 at 16:06
Thanks I put it on my Savage 10 FCP  .308 and it is a very nice combination.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
che View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2017 at 05:33
I thought the SS 3-15s were FFP?
Have a link to the product?

How are the horizontal bars across the top used?

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2017 at 07:09
There are SFP and FFP versions.

The lines across the top look to be ranging brackets. If you know an object to be 18 inches in height and it fits between the reticle horizontal and the “300” line, that object is at (about) 300 yardss. They are great for approximate distances in a hurry.

These are great scopes. I have the older symmetric diamond reticle and should’a bought one of these on Black Friday. But I guess there’s always the tax day sale.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2017 at 08:20
I have this scope with SFP MQ DM on a very accurate airgun and I love it in that capacity! To me, the SS 3-15 is the perfect precision airgun scope given it has such close parallax focus, the small floating dot is great for precision shooting, and the bold diamond frames the dot nicely and guides the eye to the center.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2017 at 03:21
I got one on BF. What a nice scope! Skylar sais they only offer FFP now. I got this one for my fnfal. I asked about putting these on my Beeman R1 Supermagnum and was told the variable power ones are not advised. So my 10x42Ms are still doing the job.
Not been able to really get into it as the mount i need was the backordered item. Should have it in a couple more weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic