OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Antibiotics for emergency scenarios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antibiotics for emergency scenarios
    Posted: April/07/2017 at 17:26
I am an avid reader of the end of the world type books.  EMP, Economic collapse, etc.  So I am always working on ways to prepare for disasters either short term or long term. 

Been looking into antibiotics as something as simple as a tooth infection could kill you.  I have found that you can buy Fin Mox with is 100% amoxicillin and or Fish Flex which is cephalexin in case you have a allergy to penicillin.

Shelf life it said to be several years before they start to really loose potency.  I think I will buy a bottle of each every year and get a nice supply built up.   
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2017 at 18:56
Image result

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2017 at 19:21
I'm tooooo old already!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2017 at 19:42
I use those fish antibiotics for dogs. They're not as strong as the stuff we get from the doctor. I base this on a direct comparison of leftover people stuff versus fish stuff on the dogs. The fish stuff does work, though. Different ones have different best applications. It would pay to read up.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2017 at 12:50
Another precaution I take when going to the hunt camp (min 4hrs to get out to medical help) is to take some very strong pain killers.  I have a long established relationship with my doctor and he has prescribed percocet for me knowing they won't be abused.  A few years ago one of our older members slipped on an icy log and suffered a badly broken arm.  It would have been sheer agony for him coming out on a rough 4 wheeler trail without the pills to take the edge off.  They could make the difference in a survival situation on being able to stay focused.
God save the Empire!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2017 at 13:39
Good point dogger.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2017 at 14:27
There is a pain killer that for some retarded reason FDA no longer allows here, but I can still pick it up elsewhere when I travel: Optalgin. Side effects are comparatively minor and it is far more effective than anything over the counter in the US.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2017 at 15:37
Interesting subjects.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2017 at 17:33
Craig it sounds like you have quite a jaunt into camp. I thought where I formerly hunted in the Adirondacks that 12 miles back in on rough dirt roads was a trip.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2017 at 19:04
And it hasn't gotten any shorter Skip with the passing years!
God save the Empire!
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2017 at 20:23
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

And it hasn't gotten any shorter Skip with the passing years!

👍🍸💥🦌

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2017 at 11:29
I was at the Doc this morning because I have an infected ingrown toenail.  He prescribed me cephalexin which is one of the antibiotics I listed above. 

So I asked him if the fish versions of these were the same thing.  First he gave me a big smile.  Then he said well I cannot advise you to take those, but as far as I know they are the same. 

Interesting indeed

I got a cousin that is a pharmacist.  I am going to visit with him about this too. 

Edited by supertool73 - April/10/2017 at 12:02

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2017 at 11:44

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2017 at 12:16
Here are some different ones I have found that would be worth consideration to be put in emergency storage. 

Fin Flox Forte. 
Ciprofloxacin, or Cipro Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolon​es. It is used as a potent, broad-spectrum antibiotic to fight bacteria in the body. It may also be used to prevent or slow anthrax after exposure.

Fin Pen Forte. 
Penicillin use for ear infections, urinary tract infections, septicemia, meningitis, intra-abdomina​l infection, gonorrhea, syphilis, pneumonia, respiratory infections, ear, nose and throat infections, skin and soft tissue infections.

Bird Biotic. 

Doxycycline is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, acne, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, Lyme disease or tick bite infections, anthrax infections, cholera periodontitis (gum disease), and others

Fish Flucon, 
fluconazole treat yeast infections vaginal candidiasis, (thrush, oral thrush), esophageal candidiasis (candida esophagitis), other candida infections (including urinary tract infections, peritonitis [inflammation of the lining of abdomen or stomach]. 

Fish Aid. 
Bactrim. 
This medication is a combination of two antibiotics: sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim. It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections (such as middle ear, urine, respiratory, and intestinal infections). It is also used to prevent and treat a certain type of pneumonia (pneumocystis-type).

Fin Zole. 

Metronidazole It is used either alone or with other antibiotics to treat pelvic inflammatory disease, endocarditis, and bacterial vaginosis

Fin Flex. 

Cephalexin, or Keflex is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, urinary tract infections, tooth and mouth infections.

Fin Mox Forte
Amoxicillin is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria, such as ear infections, bladder infections, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and E. coli or salmonella infection.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2017 at 13:29
Make sure you verify for drug interactions against the conventional names if you're going to get the veterinary drugs.

Example, Fin Flox Forte - Ciprofloaxin - I can't take this drug because it is an antagonist to Warfarin (coumadin) that I take daily.  Your cousin would be a good resource for this.
God save the Empire!
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2017 at 14:18
Excellent point. Thank you.

I don't personally ever plan on taking these unless its an emergency situation where doctors and or hospitals are not operating. So for me these would be for real disasters.

I still plan on getting antibiotics from the dr in normal circustances.

I live in a small town of about 1100 people. We have three dr's in my town. One if them lives a block and a half away and we are good friends. So hopefully if its ever bad enough we need to use them he could be of assistance to us.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic