OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Swarovski dS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Swarovski dS
    Posted: March/07/2017 at 13:02
Chris posted on it in the Bulletin Board... selling in Europe for just under $3500.00 US.  Probably a pretty reasonable price for a Swarovski 5-25 with built in ballistics calculation.  I would really like to get my hands on one.  I've heard rumors...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 14:21
Right?

No mention of price.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 15:57
What caliber is it designed for?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 16:53
They tend to have ranges based on BC and velocity, that gets you close.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 19:57
I did give the price… right around $3500.00 US.  Can be preordered for delivery in 120-150 days in Europe.  Won't actually be available for purchase in the US until 2018.  
The scope performs the full ballistic calculation based upon factors such as distance, air pressure, temperature, and angle. Has a built in range finder. Gets environmental data from a phone app via Bluetooth.  No manual adjustment is required. The aiming point is calculated on the basis of the individual ballistic data for the firearm-ammunition combination. 

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 20:12
Takes all the fun out of doing "complex" math in my head Big Grin
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 20:26
Yeah… thank goodness...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2017 at 06:34
Sorry, Dan, I missed that.

If it is a decent rangefinder and decent calculator, wrapped in Swaro glass, I might need one.
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2017 at 09:37

That's a bit much for me. I might as well sit at home and let the rifle go hunting without me.

Seriously, I think I would rather have individual pieces of equipment. Too much complication increases the risk of failure.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2017 at 09:46
Depends on what the US price is.  I saw a German site that is selling it for almost double the price.  THAT'S a lot...

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2017 at 15:29
Yep they announced it will debut at Shot 2018.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2017 at 15:39
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2017 at 16:13
I thought you'd enjoy the video Sky.💥

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2017 at 16:44
Looks awesome… FINALLY an Alpha scope company building the later technology(later than 1980's)...

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2017 at 08:44
Love Swaro stuff, but I can't imagine going hunting with one of those things on my rifles, or that abomination Burris Eliminator for that matter.  
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2017 at 15:50
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Love Swaro stuff, but I can't imagine going hunting with one of those things on my rifles, or that abomination Burris Eliminator for that matter.  

"divides are not explained by just one individual being more anti-science, but the fact that in general people deny facts that threaten their ideologies"  Duke University study 

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2017 at 15:58
I don't know about all of that KB, but I do know I don't want to rely on batteries on a big game hunt.  Maybe it's just me.  
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2017 at 17:16

JGRaider

You need to hunt in a jacket and tie to fully understand it's value and usefulness.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2017 at 17:41
🍸💥

nralifer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nralifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2017 at 19:40
Amazing the power of monetary deflation.  In 1966 you could buy a 327 Corvette for $3500 new. 
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. TR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic