OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pentax?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otis348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentax?
    Posted: August/28/2006 at 22:20
I have been looking to buy a Nikon Buckmaster. Now I have been reading about the new Pentax's. I have read a few threads on them, but I have not seen or read how those that have purchased them and how they have liked them( I may have over looked the reviews and did not see them.)

How is the quality of the Pentax scopes?

What is there top of the line and bottom of the line scopes?
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2006 at 11:37
otis348 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otis348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2006 at 16:23
Chris,
       How would the Nikon Buckmaster compare to the Pentax Pioneer? I assume that they may be on about the same level.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2006 at 16:43
I would rate the Pioneer a step above and the availability of the Ballistic Plex reticle makes it even more appealing.
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2006 at 16:49

Otis

I own the Pentax Whitetails Unlimited which is pretty much a Pioneer other than it is assembled in the United States and has a need Whitetail logo on it. Both scopes are basically a Burris FullField.  The New Buckmaster (by new I mean last year forward) is right there with the Pentax/Burris scopes optically. I would give an edge to the Pentax/Burris scopes in terms of durability my Pentax WTU is build very solid. 

Optically I dont think that either stands out way above the other and it may come down to which one you personally prefer.  I myself would go with whatever one I could get the best deal on at the moment.

happy Shooting

AC

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

otis348 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otis348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2006 at 19:10
thanks for the input. Think I will look at a pentax.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic