OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A New Brand in USA and Canada

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A New Brand in USA and Canada
    Posted: January/10/2017 at 05:59

A new brand of bins and riflescopes has emerged under the name German Precision Optics. The brand has been founded by ex-Zeiss Sports Optics boss, Richard Schmidt and an independent USA company GPO, USA owned and operated by ex-Zeiss Sports Optics USA boss, Michael Jensen, has taken on distribution in the United States and Canada.

The bins look great and the specifications are competitive as are the prices. No doubt at some point review units will become available and we will find out how they compare with the competition.

Go to:

lee

Edited by Skylar McMahon - January/10/2017 at 08:03
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 08:06
Lee, mate, please remember the rules that you agreed to when joining the forum. Specifically;

Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

3.  Do not advertise other retailers selling the same or similar products as SWFA, this includes posting links to other retailers for products sold by SWFA.  SWFA does not provide this forum as a vehicle to redirect customers to our competition.

This is your first and only warning mate. Adhear to the rules or you will no longer be welcome to post or converse about discussions on the Optics Talk.
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 08:21
Gotcha and apologies for my unintentional error.
By all means delete my post.

Lee
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 10:28

Lee:

Welcome aboard. Although you were dinged right off the starting blocks—because all such sites are to generate income stream—I think you will find the group here much more amiable than some of the Romper Room groups, wherein you can read the same erroneous stuff ad nauseum and see it repeated 5 or 6 more times before the year is out, and in which some socially needy armchair speculators vie to see if they can be seen as today’s optical sages.

Skylar:

Lee made a booboo. And, knowing him, I know the comment was well-intentioned. If it meets with your approval, I would ask that you talk to the owners about how to handle such well-intentioned mistakes. I think most of us would consider This is your first and only warning mate,” to be a bit heavy handed. Repeat offenses is another matter. But with 3 posts under his belt, I hardly think that could have figured in.

Cheers

“Water, water everywhere nor any drop to drink.” — Samuel Taylor Coleridge
“Social media everywhere but not a thought to think.” — me

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 10:52
On the subject of the topic.  That sounds great, looking forward to seeing what they bring forth. 

Welcome to Optics Talk Lee. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 10:58
Lee is a very knowledgeable guy.  He can offer lots of valuable info here.  
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:06
I may have jumped the gun. However, historically introductory posts like this on the OT have clouded several sections of the forum with undesired commentary, urls, and other potentially malicious content.

I have no doubt that he's probably knowledgeable and would make contributions to the forum. However we diligently work to keep this place clean from links to foreign and potentially malicious website to protect its members. I didn't follow the link, however it was flagged by a fellow member and upon seeing and the minimal post count thus far, lead me to the conclusion to warn him and remove the outgoing url.

I hope that you gentlemen may understand the position I am in. I meant no ill will towards Lee and would like to see more from him.
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:07
Hi Bill

How nice to be greeted by you as I step into this unfamiliar territory.
And thanks for your pleas on my behalf.

Cheers Lee
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:08
And he can offer it in a relevant and mature manner.

Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:10
Thanks for your greetings.
The management team behind this company were instrumental in pulling Zeiss into the 21st century so it will be interesting to see how their bins perform.

The specifications are a mixed bunch although competitive but the real test will be getting hold of test units, and I'm working on it.

Lee
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:13
Skylar

I didn't read the conditions closely enough or I would have realised I was in contravention.

When I was at school my teachers used to often write 'could do better' and so I will try to do better here too.

Lee
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:13
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

I may have jumped the gun. However, historically introductory posts like this on the OT have clouded several sections of the forum with undesired commentary, urls, and other potentially malicious content.

I have no doubt that he's probably knowledgeable and would make contributions to the forum. However we diligently work to keep this place clean from links to foreign and potentially malicious website to protect its members. I didn't follow the link, however it was flagged by a fellow member and upon seeing and the minimal post count thus far, lead me to the conclusion to warn him and remove the outgoing url.

I hope that you gentlemen may understand the position I am in. I meant no ill will towards Lee and would like to see more from him.

Crap, an apologetic explanation! I guess that means we don't get to beat you. Well, you are, after all from Texas.

Pecos Bill

Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:15
Crikey JG you've got me blushing here thanks to your kind words. Nice to bump into you here too.

Lee
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:17
Originally posted by Troubador Troubador wrote:

Skylar

I didn't read the conditions closely enough or I would have realised I was in contravention.

When I was at school my teachers used to often write 'could do better' and so I will try to do better here too.

Lee

Lee,

It's no problem not. My reply to you was an effort to convey that we request that all patrons follow the rules to Optics Talk. As noted above, there was a time where daily myself and other moderators were cleaning up links, fake user profiles, ect..because it added no beneficial content for the users of our community.

Again, Welcome to Optics Talk.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:20
Originally posted by WJC WJC wrote:

Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Crap, an apologetic explanation! I guess that means we don't get to beat you. Well, you are, after all from Texas.

Pecos Bill

Like Davy Crockett

Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:21
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

On the subject of the topic.  That sounds great, looking forward to seeing what they bring forth. 

Welcome to Optics Talk Lee. 

Thanks for your kind greetings, looking forward to settling in here when I get used to how the site works.

Lee
Troubador View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:23

Bill are you trying to say I can only think about one topic at a time and that I am old beyond my years?

Your kind words are much appreciated.

Lee
gunut View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:26
they had better perform at an alpha level for half the big boy alpha prices, for at least 5 years B4 they can be looked at as a top level option....otherwise just another mid priced no name wannabe....
gunut
WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:34
Skylar:

Are you really from Texas? Crockett went by David and only tolerated "Davy." Besides, were it not for Walt Disney, he would have been a small footnote in history. Big Grin

WJC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2017 at 11:35
Originally posted by Troubador Troubador wrote:

Bill are you trying to say I can only think about one topic at a time and that I am old beyond my years?

Your kind words are much appreciated.

Lee

Kind words, nothing; get up off the 5 bucks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic