OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

choosing the right Acog--help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: choosing the right Acog--help
    Posted: August/25/2006 at 23:45
I have a RRA Entry Tactical w/16" Barrel.

I need to choose the best Acog for it. I know I want 4x.

I shoot anything from 55 grain off/shelf, xm193, radway 63 grain- basically whatever I can afford to get my hands on.

My question:

I like the TA31F-- I see some say that the TA11 is better calibrated for my rifle/ammo. Can someone explain this and then suggest the best choice for me.

Thanks in advance,

Tbird

RRA Entry Tactical
16" Barrel
VLTOR ClubFoot Stock
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2006 at 02:16

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1504&PN=1

This is from a most excellent Marine that hangs out here from time to time.

Worth reading.... 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2006 at 23:04
Will be close enough.  TA11 has a little more eye relief other than that they are the same.  Can you imagine I don't have one yet.  Well I can't have the kind of rifle I would put it on here in California.  Should be changing soon.
Fight Smarter
Not Harder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2006 at 01:42

Like rubbing a lamp and a genie pops out...... Say the word "Acog" on Optics Talk and Mithran suddenly apprears......

How's things in Cali, Bro??

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2006 at 13:46
Heh, still working for Pinnacle which is going pretty well.  Other than that staying away from the dick lickin' Dems out here and saving up for a possible move to a new job in a few months that will get me over to your side of the country again.
Fight Smarter
Not Harder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2006 at 14:44

Originally posted by Mithran Mithran wrote:

Heh, still working for Pinnacle which is going pretty well.  Other than that staying away from the dick lickin' Dems out here and saving up for a possible move to a new job in a few months that will get me over to your side of the country again.

Coming back to the "Free World", huh?? 

Excellent!!!!

tbird911 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbird911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2006 at 17:17

Just checking back into this thread-- been doing alot of research.  I have narrowed my choice down to a Trij. TA11 or a TA31.  Still don't know exactly which would be best for my set-up (16" flattop RRA)-- but I'm starting to think either would be perfect.  I'm also torn between getting an Acog or just getting a 10x Super Sniper (for fun long distance plinkin' and aybe a Trij Tri-power for close-up stuff.

Anyway-- I'll post some pics and stuff once I bite the bullet.  Thanks Guys.

RRA Entry Tactical
16" Barrel
VLTOR ClubFoot Stock
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2006 at 18:11

ACOG will do plenty well out to 800 yards and as close as 10 feet, believe me.  I own the SS10X as well but save that for a bolt gun.

Fight Smarter
Not Harder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic