OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

TRACT Optics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 16:42
Ilya, no he didn't He didn't convey anything in regards to whom is building them.  
Lurchernz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurchernz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 21:45
YES Ilya please do compare the 3-15 razor HD LH with the 3-5 Toric, The razor did not rate well in this review

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2016/06/optics-test-14-new-riflescopes-reviewed-ranked-and-rated

but it had the smallest objective lens of any scope tested

I would dearly like to see the

3-15 razor HD LH compared to the vx6 3-18 and the zeiss conquest 3-15x44 HD5

especially when it comes to low light ability
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 22:19
Honestly, not doing well in Outdoor Life is mostly a reminder to Vortex that they do not advertise enough, but anything is possible.

I have not looked at the 3-18x VX6 much, but the HD LH walks all over the Conquest, in my opinion.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 22:37
Since I was curious I went and looked at that link.

I have pretty good familiarity with about half of the scopes they tested.  They are either blind or crazy.  There are a lot of pearls there, but the best is that the lowest resolving scopes there were Leica ER LRS 6.5-26x56 and Meopta Meostar 8x56 (Zeiss Victory V8 being not much better).
Cabela's Instinct (a re-badged MeoPro, a lower grade scope than the MeoStar) handily outresolves all three of the others.  And the list goes on.

ILya

Lurchernz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurchernz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2016 at 23:30
Ha Ha 

please do keep us posted on the Tract Scopes if you get an opportunity to look at them
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 13:13
Toric = LOW
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 13:16
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

Toric = LOW
That would have been my guess...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 18:43
Schott glass, made in Japan, decent prices...all positives. 1" tubes (not a huge deal, but I have no rings for such), 2nd focal plane, no dialing (except for those lower end BDC* jobs)...negatives. Low end is more important than high, e.g. 3-15 beats 4-16. That's just me, but I won't be interested. The higher-end 8 and 10X bins look interesting though.

*I see they have a calculator, which is nice. Still my opinion of BDC scopes is that each one is different while once you learn drops for a mil-dot FFP you can switch scopes without compensation.
Reaction time is a factor...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 19:00
Some people NEVER switch scopes.  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 19:18
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

What does that mean ?

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 19:37
Originally posted by NDhunter NDhunter wrote:

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

What does that mean ?

That they(some people) buy a scope, have it mounted, and that is the only scope they ever have, it never moves from that rifle… what did you think it meant???

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 20:12
👍👍👍🍸🍸🍸

I've switched wives but never scopes!

😜 Never said that was right just happened. Wives that is.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 20:44
FYI, I meant switching rifles, each with a different scope.
Reaction time is a factor...
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2016 at 21:05
I switch scopes and rifles all the time.  Not wives, though.

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 07:59
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

I used to switch scopes from rifle to rifle all the time… now I am more inclined to get a scope specifically geared to the rifle.  Not sure it wasn't easier to switch scopes… at least I knew the few scopes I had intimately and had workups for each rifle I would change to, just a matter of dialing the adjustments, check zero and go.  Not quite so easy with so many different scopes… some mil/MOA, some mil/mil, some MOA/MOA.  A learning experience every time I decide to shoot a different rifle.  Of course, thera are some that are "stand-by's" that don't get changed and get used often.  

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 14:17
Tract optics will not have a booth at Shot because they are a direct marketer and do not sell through regular distribution channels. Jon LaCorte said he and John Allen will attend to meet with the media.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 18:31
Well, I suppose that means one less stop for me...

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 19:24

Well, I suppose that means one less stop for me...

ILya
C'mon man, investigate… get the info.  They'll be there, track them down.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 19:37
I do not have time to track anyone down. I only have two days at the show. I'll talk to them if I run into then.
SEMO Shooter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEMO Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2016 at 20:52

ILya

Switching scopes & rifles isn't cheap but it's less expensive than switching wives!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic