OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Aimpoint CompM need battery cap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.Swindle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aimpoint CompM need battery cap
    Posted: October/23/2016 at 11:57
Hello guys!  I have an old Aimpoint CompM that needs a battery cap.  But I can't seem to get correct answers from people I ask.  Can I use a Comp M2 battery cap on it?  Any other battery caps fit it?  Thanks in advance!

J.S.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2016 at 19:39
972-726-7348 call SWFA and ask they should be able to figure it out. 

Best guess -  I think the  Stock # - AIM10634  for the Comp M2 will fit, pretty sure they use the same battery and I cant see any advantage in using a different thread twist.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
J.Swindle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.Swindle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2016 at 13:54
Aimpoint finally contacted me back.

Do you guys sell CompM battery caps?  "Unfortunately, we no long make that cap. "

Can I use a Comp M2 battery cap on a CompM?  "no, The thread pitch changed between the CompM and the M2

He went onto say that he'll look around and see if he can find me a used one.  So unless they can find one, im SOL.  I might just try to make one myself and see how that goes.
J.Swindle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.Swindle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2016 at 13:58
Hey, just saw your reply Urimaginaryfrnd.  Thanks, Ill try that too.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2016 at 17:40
Good luck and welcome to Optics Talk. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2016 at 20:42
A machine shop or gunsmith  might be able to make one for you or to re-thread either the body or the cap if you had a cap from the Comp M2. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2016 at 08:06
You might find a cheap ebay knockoff that will have the same caps as well.... just a thought.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic