OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

$5 Raffle: APO Shop SuperSport Precision Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyalarson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $5 Raffle: APO Shop SuperSport Precision Rifle
    Posted: October/09/2016 at 09:51

APO Custom Shop SuperSport Precision Rifle Package

The Guardian Long Range Competition is raffling off an Ashbury Precision Ordnance (APO) Custom Shop SuperSport Precision Rifle Package complete with Leupold Mark 4 rifle scope and LRA Bipod. This package retails for over $9,500…and we are giving the public the chance to purchase it for only $5 a ticket.

Click here to buy your $5 Ticket(s).

This rifle will be chambered in the winner’s choice!

The Guardian Long Range Competition is a full day precision shooting event held around the country. More importantly, 100% of funds raised by this competition will help reduce the orphan crisis by helping offset the financial cost for parents considering adoption and foster care through Bethany Christian Services. Since 2014, the Guardian Long Range Competition has raised over $100,000 all through shooter donations.

This grand prize raffle is the culmination of the 2016 season, which featured 3 matches in North Carolina and Michigan where our title sponsor, APO, has donated over $36,000 in rifles and chassis toward this mission.

Click here to buy your $5 Ticket(s).

Raffle Tickets & Winner

Tickets will be sold until Saturday October 15th at 4:00pm. There is no limit to the amount of tickets you can purchase. The winner will be announced via live recording on the evening of October 15th.

Guardians, we are live with the Grand Prize raffle open to the public! For only $5, you can be walking away with this beautiful Ashbury Precision Ordnance Custom Shop Supersport rifle Package valued

at over $9,500. Winner will be announced the evening of Saturday 10/15.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 08:13
Congratulations to one of our own in winning it! Tip of the hat my friend. 👍
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 08:51
YippeeYippeeYippeeYippeeYippeeSB, it was ALL luck, I'm still besides myself .

So, now the question is...what shold I get it chambered in? and why?

feed back is greatly needed. I know what gives me a funny feeling (7STW) but still open to options.

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - October/17/2016 at 08:57
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 09:19
30-338? If you have a 338 I was serious about the 408 CheyTac. But that's just me! Those would be AT&T specials. Reach out a touch someone rounds in my opinion!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 09:45

.28 Nosler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.28_Nosler

The potential for this one is off the charts!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 10:00
I have thought about a .338 of some sorts but not much room here for that round to shine. although would still be fun regardless...

The nosler 28 is the same as the 7stw from what I can tell.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 11:46
I'd pick something that isn't to off the wall (would help if you ever sold) and would be easy to load for.... and not burn the barrel to bad and be shot out in a couple years.... 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 13:46
6XC
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 14:04
6XC is really close to a .243 if I read correctly.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 14:13
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

6XC is really close to a .243 if I read correctly.

Two of my buddies are shooting competition with the 6XC and they are high on it. If it were me I'd do a Creedmoor just because they are getting so popular now. My wife has hunted with one since Savage brought out the Lady Hunter model. At least four or 5 years now.

Forgot to say, they said if it's good enough for David Tubb it's good enough for them.

Edited by Peddler - October/17/2016 at 14:19

Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2016 at 14:35

7mm - 338

Been givin that one some serious thought myself............

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2016 at 21:29

To answer that I would want to know what is the intended use?
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2016 at 03:23
Long range shooting and possibly hunting. Weights not an issue.

Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2016 at 11:53
My next rifle will be in 6.5 Creedmoor. That is what I am looking at for long range shooting.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2016 at 20:28
Originally posted by garyalarson garyalarson wrote:

<p style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt">APO Custom Shop SuperSport Precision Rifle Package <o:p></o:p>

<p style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black;">The Guardian Long Range Competition is
raffling off an Ashbury Precision
Ordnance (APO)
Custom Shop SuperSport Precision Rifle Package complete with<span ="apple-converted-space"=""> </span>Leupold
Mark 4
<span ="apple-converted-space"=""> </span>rifle scope and LRA
Bipod. This package retails for over $9,500…and we are giving the public the
chance to purchase it for only $5 a ticket.<o:p></o:p>
</span>

<p style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black;"> </span>

<p style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="color: black;">[URL=http://www.tinyurl.com/GuardianRaffle]<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3]Click here to buy your $5 Ticket(s).[/URL]</span>

<p style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black;">
</span>

<p style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt;">This rifle will be chambered in the winner’s choice![COLOR=#ffff00]<o:p]</o:p][/COLOR]</span>

<p ="font9"="" style="margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; vertical-align: line; outline: 0px; font-stretch: normal;" -mce-style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif; color: #d6d6d6;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span>

<p ="font9"="" style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;vertical-align:line"><span style="font-size: 10pt;">The Guardian Long Range
Competition is a full day precision shooting event held around the country. More
importantly, 100% of funds raised by this competition will help reduce the
orphan crisis by helping offset the financial cost for parents considering
adoption and foster care through Bethany
Christian Services
. <span style="border:none text 1.0pt;mso-border-alt: none text 0in;padding:0in;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold">Since 2014, the
Guardian Long Range Competition has raised over $100,000 all through shooter
donations.<o:p></o:p></span>
</span>

<p ="font9"="" style="margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;vertical-align:line"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> <o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="font9"="" style="margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; vertical-align: line; outline: 0px; font-stretch: normal;" -mce-style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif; color: #d6d6d6;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;">This grand prize raffle
is the culmination of the 2016 season, which featured 3 matches in North
Carolina and Michigan where our title sponsor, APO, has donated over $36,000 in
rifles and chassis toward this mission.<o:p></o:p>
</span>

<p ="msonormal"=""><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span>

<p ="msonormal"=""><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">Click here to buy your $5 Ticket(s).

<p ="msonormal"=""><span style="font-size: 12pt;">Raffle Tickets & Winner<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="msonormal"=""><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Tickets
will be sold until Saturday October 15th at 4:00pm. There is no
limit to the amount of tickets you can purchase. The winner will be announced
via live recording on the evening of October 15th.<o:p></o:p>

<p ="msonormal"=""><span style="text-indent: -0.25in; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb29, 33, 41; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial;">Guardians,
we are live with the Grand Prize raffle open to the public! For only $5, you
can be walking away with this beautiful </span><span -offset-key="e707r-1-0" spellcheck="false" style="text-indent: -0.25in; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap;"><span style="color: rgb29, 33, 41; : rgb220, 230, 248;"></span><span -offset-key="e707r-1-0"><span -text="true">Ashbury Precision Ordnance</span></span></span><span -offset-key="e707r-2-0" style="text-indent: -0.25in; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap;"><span style="color: rgb29, 33, 41; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial;"></span><span -text="true"> Custom Shop Supersport rifle Package valued</span></span>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><span -offset-key="e707r-2-0" style="white-space: pre-wrap;"><span -text="true">at over $9,500. Winner will be announced the evening of Saturday 10/15. </span></span>
<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><span -offset-key="e707r-2-0" style="white-space: pre-wrap;"><span -text="true">
</span></span>
<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><span -offset-key="e707r-2-0" style="white-space: pre-wrap;"><span -text="true">
</span></span>
<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3"><span -offset-key="e707r-2-0" style="white-space: pre-wrap;"><span -text="true">
</span></span>
<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3"><span -offset-key="e707r-2-0" style="white-space: pre-wrap;"><span -text="true">Click here to buy your $5 Ticket(s)</span></span>

338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 11:55
How this thing as far as accuracy?

How many rounds do you have down the tube!!!

No one
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 16:34

YippeeYippeeYippeeYippeeYippeeSB, it was ALL luck, I'm still besides myself .

feed back is greatly needed. I know what gives me a funny feeling (7STW) but still open to options.

Wow...I missed this! Congrats, Brother! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 16:43
It is screaming 6.5 Creedmoor Brando! 😎

338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 16:54
WELL?

Where are the pictures?

Where is the range report?

How do you like the Mark 4?

No one
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2016 at 17:01
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

WELL?

Where are the pictures?

Where is the range report?

How do you like the Mark 4?

Hahaha...ONLY on OT. "How's the scope?"  Laugh
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic