OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Beretta Mato

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beretta Mato
    Posted: August/22/2016 at 05:30
BERETTA MATO....
I wanted to ask if any one out there has a Beretta Mato in .338win mag or .375H&H for sale.
I am looking for one but can't seem to locate one in those cal.
Please let me know if you hear of anyone selling one.
Thanks..

samaki View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2016 at 10:36
SEEMS NO ONE HAS ONE TO SELL RIGH NOW.Yippee
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2016 at 12:46
Those Mato rifles are getting hard to find for sale, especially in the larger magnums.

I love those rifles, and they offered a lot for the money when you consider they had Dakota 97 actions (later Beretta-produced actions based on the Dakota 97 design, but still nice), Lothar Walther barrels, Shilen triggers, and either B&C Medalist or HS Precision stocks in the synthetic version, very nicely figured walnut in the wood stocked versions.

I have 2 Matos -- a synthetic stocked .300 Win Mag and a wood stocked version that I rebarreled to .257 Wby. I have no complaints with either.

Depending on how badly you want one and how much you're willing to pay, there's one in 7mm Rem Mag available for sale on Guns International right now. You could rebarrel it to .338 Win Mag, duplicate the same barrel contour and change nothing else, as the .338 and 7 RM will feed out of the same magazine. Then you could possibly sell the 7 mag barrel. 

Good luck!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
samaki View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2016 at 13:49
Thanks Ted, 
I relay like the Mato Beretta's they are a great gun and people are starting to hold on to them it seems.
I missed one in .338 a few weeks back as i was out of the county try and the guy didn't want to hold it for me. So I thought I would just try and hold out for another one to see if one comes along.
Your right on the rebarrel jand i suppose i might end up doing that if i don't get one in 338 or 375 in a few weeks.
I heard that Beretta was selling the wood storks a while back at a give away price. In fact I just bought an original synthetic stock for the Mato from them for $90 as they still have some.
By the way how do your rifle's shoot?

Thanks

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2016 at 15:29
Originally posted by samaki samaki wrote:

I heard that Beretta was selling the wood storks a while back at a give away price. In fact I just bought an original synthetic stock for the Mato from them for $90 as they still have some.
By the way how do your rifle's shoot?

Thanks

Yep, I bought one of those close-out wood stocks from Beretta. My now-.257 Wby Mato began life as a synthetic stocked 7RM. I replaced the stock on that one with the wood stock, and it is an absolutely gorgeous rifle, with tight fiddleback figure over the entire length of the stock! Just stunning!

The .300 Win Mag will shoot between 1/2 - 3/4 MOA with select loads and 200 gr bullets. The .257 Wby shoots even better, but it has a custom Broughton 5C barrel with short throat, so it should. It's spooky accurate!

Very nice rifles!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2016 at 15:37
By the way, I still have the brand new take-off stock that the 7RM / .257 Wby used to wear before she donned her purty wood handle. If you get one and want an extra synthetic stock for some reason, I'd be willing to sell it for a reasonable price. Let me know if interested.
Ted

samaki View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2016 at 03:16
Well Ted,
If you had a nice wood stock for the Mato that you wanted to sell then I might be interested.  
I just bought a new composite stock from Beretta for $90.  But a wood one that would be a nice option to get hold of. 

samaki View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2016 at 13:33
Well I have to expand my search to .300 win mag a no .338 has turned up.
Anyone have one they want to sell.
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic