OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA SS coming home !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA SS coming home !!
    Posted: July/07/2016 at 18:56
That's right I just went and did it !! Bought the SWFA SS FFP 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope . Y'all suggested it and I was stuck on sightron . It seemed like when I researched my needs , brands aside I came to this scope everytime . So I feel as if they have thought about shooters like me . I believe this is good start point with my optics addiction . Hoping the 40somthing I dropped on shipping brings her home before the weekend is over . Its freaking Christmas over here Haha!!!!Can't wait to post results . Thank you again everyone .
Greenhorn#1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 19:00
Oh and it was on sale . 140.00 off . Thanks SWFA !!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 19:07
Good deal. Looking forward to your findings. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 19:18
oh the findings are the best part !!! Thanks cheap trick . You also suggested this scope . I believe I will use her extensively to the 300 yard mark these coming weekends . Will post pics of my sweet firearm and glass . Is it here yet , man where is it 😁
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 19:37
Congratulations… 
A person after my own heart… unlimited patience…  is it there yet???
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 19:40
Well the funny thing , I was in no hurry to buy . But the minute I did I lost it and I got this grin on my face . Hell I will meet them half way 😁
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 19:44
Been there…(constantly)

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2016 at 20:00
Got it today !!! First and fast impression was awesome and really like the FFP reticle . It's like a fine duplex at lower mag and then zoom in and bam reference points for longer shots . This was a good choice . So I Thursday night and in my hands Saturday . I like swfa !!!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2016 at 20:01
I ordered Thursday and got it Saturday . Can't edit posts yet . Thank u
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2016 at 20:52
You will have many days of shooting enjoyment.  Please let us share…

Cold Trigger Finger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2016 at 01:36
I've been thinking about this same scope . How do u like it so far ? What rifle did u.mount it on ?
You are being watched.
If it can't be grown, It's gotta be mined
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2016 at 14:44
Mounted it on a ar 15 . I like it quite a bit . Haven't been out yet to shoot but that's coming next week hopefully . The eye relief is absurd . Glass is clear and clear thru all magnifications . Somthing I haven't always seen on other scopes in that price range . I will write a full report here soon .
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2016 at 15:08
Cool! Look forward to your findings. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2016 at 19:29
Is The eye relief constant or does it diminish as the magnification is increased. Other than illumination I think this scope is about as big a scope as I would ever need. Egarly await your report.
You are being watched.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2016 at 22:01
Originally posted by Cold Trigger Finger Cold Trigger Finger wrote:

Is The eye relief constant or does it diminish as the magnification is increased. Other than illumination I think this scope is about as big a scope as I would ever need. Egarly await your report.

I would say the eye relief is constant . Just shouldered it again to make sure haha . Anything in paticular I could do during range session let me know . I work 6 days a week right now . I have taken Saturday off to sight in and bang steel . Look forward to sharing !!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2016 at 22:41
What I mean by constant, is , is the eye relief the same wether the scope is set on 3,power or 15power? And at it's shortest distance, how long is the eye relief. ??    But, really. Don't go out of the way , just wondering if it is note worthily shorter at high magnification than at low mag.
The other thing I wonder about is whether the parralax needs to be adjusted at low power magnification . Or is it only noticeable at over 6x or 9x etc. I'm hoping the 3~15x42 MQDM SFP is going to be the ideal scope for a 6.5 Creedmoor hunting rifle. No doubt it is tough enough for Alaskan conditions and it is a great magnification range for everything from called in close predators to playing around shooting targets and steel at 1k and beyond.

If the 3~9x42 had the MQDM reticle then it would be great. But. . Thank you for replying.
Glen.
You are being watched.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2016 at 23:22
I know you have the ffp model. I kinda hope for many of their features to be the same.
You are being watched.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenhorn#1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2016 at 05:33
My cheek weld stayed the same thru all mags never had to creep up if that helps . Will get back to you tonight concerning parralax adjustments . Can't say I remember anything from the ordinary but now I'm curios . Thank you Glen !
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2016 at 12:17
GH #1 ; thanks for the reply. Ya, if your cheek weld stayed the same thru the power scale. That Is Awesome. I imagine that for a shot like prone,long range a little scooching up may be in order, and that is fine. If I was going to be mainly shooting animals/targets on the higher magnification settings then ffp would be fine. But in reality the scopes on my rifles live on the lowest mag until I Need more. Which often times, isn't very often. I almost got a 3_15 last fall or winter off the sample list, but once I got the wife's approval someone else snagged it.
You are being watched.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2016 at 12:51
Wife's approval???😂😂😂
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic