OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS 12x42 vs. 10x42 same quality?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS 12x42 vs. 10x42 same quality?
    Posted: July/05/2016 at 14:40
I would like to order one of the new SWFA SS 12x42 scopes with MOA reticle. I have a 10x42 but with mil-quad reticle, but have long wished for a Classic SS scope with MOA, which is my preference whenever possible. I imagine the build quality of the two scopes is the same, but I'm wondering if the glass quality is the same.

Anybody have both of these scopes that could tell me if the 12x is a good buy, or should I just stick with the 10x and get used to the mil-quad reticle? I would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2016 at 15:04
Glass should be the same. 

I had the 12x SS and liked it. I sold it because I didn't really need it, when I already had a VERY serviceable SS 10x.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
onfinal View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 14:13
Thanks. I see the wisdom of your words and will pass on the 12x. Now I need to get busy and learn the Mil-quad reticle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 19:10
Originally posted by onfinal onfinal wrote:

Thanks. I see the wisdom of your words and will pass on the 12x. Now I need to get busy and learn the Mil-quad reticle.

Good shooting. Come back and let us know. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic