OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New to shooting need a scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2016 at 20:57
I forgot burris, i have two of those as well. Tons and tons of good options.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2016 at 21:11
Look for SS or SuperSniper reviews. You will find many not associated with this sight.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2016 at 21:57
We all have other scopes besides the  SS scopes.  I have Leupold Mk4  Vortex Viper Trijicon Aimpoint.  You asked for a value driven recomendation.  I see nothing wrong with selecting a Vortex Viper.  Some brands have very limited amount of internal adjustment others have a lot. There are scopes I would love to have like a Nightforce or a U.S. Optics but they are expensive so I understand you have a budget also.  Seriously if you want to select a different brand it's not like it makes any difference to me. The Vortex Viper scopes seem to me to be a good value with a better than average warranty.   I could take this Leupold and do anything I needed to do with it. 
Leupold 6x42 FX-3 Competition Hunter RiflescopeTarget DotLeupold 6x42 FX-3 Competition Hunter Riflescope
Stock # - LEU66825
  • Matte
  • Target Dot
  • 1"
  • 1/4 MOA Target Knobs
  • Adjustable Objective
  • Quantum Optical System
  • DiamondCoat 2
  • Blackened Lens Edges
  • Twin Bias Spring Erector System
$469.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2016 at 22:00
Here is one you will like

Mil-DotVortex 6.5-20x50 Viper 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - VPRM06MD
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
$469.95

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2016 at 22:01
But this one is better:
Vortex 4-16x44 Viper HS-T 30mm Rifle ScopeVortex 4-16x44 Viper HS-T 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - VORVHS4308
  • Matte
  • VMR-1 MRAD
  • 30mm
  • .1 MRAD Tactical Turrets
  • Side Focus
$569.95

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
SEMO Shooter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEMO Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2016 at 13:26
Originally posted by gardenhose gardenhose wrote:

Everyone here is recommending the SS scopes and its making me feel sketchy lol. They are not recommended anywhere else that i have read, only here. I think people are completley biased here. Not that they arent good but i would rather stick to Leupold or Vortex  or even Nikon. 

Some of the folks here may seem biased toward the SS scopes. The reason is the SS line are very a good quality for the price, which makes them a good value.

I read other firearms forums too.  Some of the members here are optics industry experts (not me).  The advice that we get from them is vastly more valuable than opinions/advice I see posted on some of the other forums.
Snack_Attack View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snack_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2016 at 14:12
Originally posted by gardenhose gardenhose wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Thanks for the advice! Yes i like the Tikka t3 Stainless look. I think that i probably need a max 18x scope now... I am all over the place now lol. Everyone here is recommending the SS scopes and its making me feel sketchy lol. They are not recommended anywhere else that i have read, only here. I think people are completley biased here. Not that they arent good but i would rather stick to Leupold or Vortex  or even Nikon. And I am from Canada so that maeks things more expensive for those SS scopes anyways. Literally about 40% more and then i have to pay shipping and duties on top of that. </span>

Reddit is a place where SWFA is recommended. They're not sold in local walmarts, that's why they're not super well known outside of youtube and a few forums. But of those that do own them, they seem to love them. I don't have any currently, but when I get another rifle that needs glass it will be an SWFA scope.
We've become a nation of wolves ruled by sheep, owned by swine, over fed, and put to sleep.

-Otep
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2016 at 16:44
I believe some of the Sniper's Hide reviews of SS scopes are still available… they always spoke highly of SS quality, toughness, utility, value…
I have the 10xHD.  Very likely the best 10x scope I have ever used.  I would/will match it against any "equivalent" style scope.  I've had "hands on" with a number of SS scopes.  Don't believe there is a better value out there anywhere in the rifle scope world.  
I have friends who introduced me to Super Snper scopes years ago… they don't use anything else. 
I have USOptics, Hensoldt (that my wife gave me), Zeiss Diavari, Kahles, Burris, NIkon, Zeiss Conquest, Pentax, Swift, Leatherwood, Weaver, etc. scopes.  Except for the Hensoldt, I don't personally value any of them over the 10xHD.  
SS/Super Sniper scopes are premium value… quality/reliability/precision vs price.  
Yes, we like them… so does any honest person who uses one.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2016 at 22:49
Mel at snipercentral.com has also reviewed two SS scopes.
Jamescui View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamescui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 22:15
So many useful information about rifle and scope, I like you guysYippee
gardenhose View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gardenhose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2016 at 22:46
I ended up purchasing a Vortex PST 6-24x50mm. I paid $1021 CDN total instead of $1200 CDN. So I am happy. I hear its a great scope backed wit ha great warranty.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2016 at 22:52
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gardenhose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2016 at 00:17
Yes thats the one except i got the sfp not the ffp
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gardenhose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2016 at 00:19
http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Viper-PST-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P44564.aspx

This is the one i got.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2016 at 09:01
I bet you'll like it.  I have both the Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 and the SWFA SS 3-9x42.  Both are great scopes for what I use them for.  Best of luck in learning this most worthy of endeavors.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2016 at 09:51
Nice scope it will serve you well for a long time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic