OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I Know We Are Generous But Come On

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2016 at 18:17
I've never witnessed a company bend over backassward to satisfy some of the most unreasonable son of a pups you ever saw, than SWFA. I mean that.   

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2016 at 19:25
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I've never witnessed a company bend over backassward to satisfy some of the most unreasonable son of a pups you ever saw, than SWFA. I mean that.   

I will second that!

MikieG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikieG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2016 at 21:24
I built a 10/22 for the Chevy Truck Team Challenge. That gun was soo repeatable that it was boring. Every time a guy blamed his scope for "tracking" issues, i would throw his scope on it. Then proceed to shoot beautiful boxes with it. Never found a "problem" scope.
I have been to many schools, and saw many brands fail during training. Never saw an SS fail. EVER. Still have 7 of em.
Just had a guy bring me a 1-4 classic with a bad turret. Found the cap to be loose. Explained "scale slipping" to him and why we do it. Now he loves his optic.
Not saying there are no failed SS's. Just saying that in 19 years and encountering at least 40 units in both training and in the field, i have yet to see one.
I have 7, will buy 3 more in November. If one should actually fail, i am confident Chris and Skylar will make it right.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2016 at 22:19
In all fairness, even SS scopes fail sometimes, it is simply a matter of materials, tolerances, and the law of large numbers - and Murohy gets a mention too.

That said, I'd bet for every 10 scopes (maybe 100) that customers call defective, they find 1 with a mechanical or material flaw.

I've broken an optic or 10. I've sheered off turrets on barricades, I've stripped elevation turret set screws, I've shot out wire reticle, I've killed illumination systems, I even caved in a tube once; but none of those failures would look on paper like what the guy is claiming.

I'd bet the purchase price of that optic that I could put 10 rounds touching at 100 yards.

Broke scope my ass, guy needs some practice and some training.
Lastly, I've had a scope issue or 2, never took 500 rounds to convince me. And I am a stubborn mule of a man.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2016 at 22:20
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

I have yet to find a range commando admit that the problem is the Indian and not the bow.

Boom, and there it is. I think RC nailed the problem. You all know I sell optics too. Sometimes I run in to the same problems with folks.
I take a questionable scope, put it on my SAKO, and often punch a single hole, 3 shot group. Customer never wants to see the target, they just want you to upgrade them at no cost.
 I once took a customers' rifle and scope combo, and fired 3 sets of groups on target using MY ammo, and proved the rig to my satisfaction. Customer just muttered under his breath and took it back. Haven't heard from him since.
 I'm getting older, and my aim isn't what it used to be, but I could probably outdo what I see at the top of the page. 
Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2016 at 17:55
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Maybe he should see Mike McDonald's "groups" when using a Savage and a SS. You know...just as a reference. 

Bear in mind folks...This is a TWO.. SEPARATE..FIVE shot groups fired out a stock Savage and a SS 10x...as Mike say's "lying prone in the dirt".

So  you keep a folder with all my targets in it??  Big Smile
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2016 at 18:12
I think you have a groupie, Mike!
Ernie Bishop View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2016 at 18:57
Just send me the "broken scope" and I will put it on one of specialty pistols and or rifles and even take it out to some distance.
You guys make good stuff.
Ernie

"If you think you are perfect, just try walking on water."
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2016 at 19:02
I have it magnetized to my refrigerator, Mike. Big Grin
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2016 at 19:23
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2016 at 08:08
Scope issue = possibility
Shooter issue = probability
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2016 at 17:51
I think someone is wishing they never tried to put one over on SWFA.

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2016 at 06:35
I would need proof that some of the 500 hand loads was a sub-moa load for this rifle. It could be a loading problem and not a scope problem.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Cold Trigger Finger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cold Trigger Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2016 at 23:54
A 308 with only 500 rounds down the bore is maybe 1/8th used up . Figuring a 4,000 round throat life .
Probably just high, drunk, stupid , etc.
Imo, you showed far.more grace and restraint than I could muster after the first lie.
I really don't like gun liers.
You are being watched.
If it can't be grown, It's gotta be mined
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic