OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Academy Sports Pulling Everything "Assault Rifle"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Academy Sports Pulling Everything "Assault Rifle"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Academy Sports Pulling Everything "Assault Rifle"
    Posted: June/15/2016 at 12:31

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/14/breaking-academy-sports-pulling-modern-sporting-rifles-shelves/

The Firearms Blog (“Firearms Not Politics”) reports Academy Sports Pulling Modern Sporting Rifles From Shelves. True story! We phoned around a few stores and the sporting goods giant has removed “assault rifles” from their shelves. They are, however, still selling the guns, which can be viewed “by request.” “We’re doing it out of respect,” a manager who wished to remain anonymous told TTAG. He has no idea how long scary-looking evil black rifles [/sarc] will remain out-of-sight. But we bet the people providing Academy with guns to sell are going out-of-their-minds. The AR-15-style rifle surge is on. Even if you can’t see it.

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 12:32
The most shocking development is that the conference call outlined a new policy requiring any sale of more than 10 boxes in a caliber that Academy deems an “assault rifle caliber” will require the buyer to furnish personal information that Academy is planning on keeping in a database
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 12:40
Simple for me, they have Lost my business on everything. Fishing gear, running shoes, baseball stuff for grandkids, Zippo! Until they decide to grow a set my money will go elsewhere!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 13:07
I saw this today.
The father of one of the officers that works here owns a gun shop. He told his son that his wholesaler was raising the price of all their ARs by 18%.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 13:11
And here we go again!!!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 13:27
Just another big company who is answerable to shareholders and trying not to get sued. This is the stuff the left is trying to do. Very sad.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 13:41
One of the big AR manufactures have posted that they will not raise the prices on their AR due to this very reason of price gouging!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 14:16

We don't ever see manufacturers or distributors raise their prices in response to panic buying fueled by possible new legislation.  We also leave our prices alone and just lean on our large inventory.

I understand that they (Big Box Stores) have to answer to their shareholders and look at what really pays the bills (apparel and sports gear) but to cave in immediately, surprises me.  They should just hire a really good PR firm and release a statement that reads that everything they sell is 100% legal and they follow all Federal mandated background checks and laws.  Refuse to use the left's term "assault weapon" and go about their business.  Point out that MSRs (Modern Sporting Rifles) are more popular than ever thanks for the huge explosion in competitive shooting like Three Gun.  MSRs are also now the most popular platform for varmint hunting and home defense.

The left has done a good job at demonizing these rifles that we used to see people be almost embarrassed when buying one, they would often make excuses to justify it, like it is only an investment in case they get banned.  They were primarily not gun enthusiast, they were casual hunters or sporting clay guys but it always amazed me at how people from other walks of life viewed these guns compared to how I view them.  I can only imagine how non hunters and non gun owners view them as they have no gun IQ as demonstrated by Katie Couric in her creatively edited gun documentary in which they broke multiple Federal laws.

We need Academy to step up to the plate and defend their stance on gun sales and the Second Amendment not cower down and hide everything including toys that might offend a soccer mom and form an internal database of everyone buying 10 boxes or more of "assault ammo".  When someone walks into our store and ONLY buys 10 boxes we assume they are just going to the range for a few hours.  We sell a plastic ammo cam with form fitted foam insert that holds 15 standard capacity (30 rds) mags.  We even load them for our customers, so for $349.95 you get a MTM plastic transport case and 15 loaded Troy mags.  We even have it set up so our customers can exchange the case of empty mags for a fresh new loaded one (kinda like a propane exchange).

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 15:10
Why are we not pulling MUSLIMS??!!!     
Visit the Ed Show
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 17:11
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Simple for me, they have Lost my business on everything. Fishing gear, running shoes, baseball stuff for grandkids, Zippo! Until they decide to grow a set my money will go elsewhere!

My sentiments egg-xactly.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 17:12
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Just another big company who is answerable to shareholders and trying not to get sued. This is the stuff the left is trying to do. Very sad.

It's time to choose sides, Brother. You know that. 
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 17:16
We are Academy free here in the North but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dick's and their offshoot Field & Stream Stores do the same!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Snack_Attack View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snack_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 18:01
The media slander right now is about to burst the BS meter. Pretty much everything I hear is incorrect to a high degree. Even local media in MS (a very pro 2a state) is doing "how easy it is to get an assault rifle" stories. I can see how Academy doesn't want to be implicated, but they should know they'll take heat from the other side for this. I can't wait until this blows over.
We've become a nation of wolves ruled by sheep, owned by swine, over fed, and put to sleep.

-Otep

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 18:05
"It appears that one of those weapons he was able to just carry out of the store, a assault rifle, a handgun, a Glock which had a lot of clips in it..." said Obama.

Stare
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 18:11
I say send Obama a pork barbeque.  
Visit the Ed Show
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 21:29
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

It's time to choose sides, Brother. You know that. 

Come now, that comment doesn't mean i haven't picked a side. Its just a likely reality for a company that answers to share holders. I sit in a board meetint most months for my company and I attend stock holders meeting yearly. So i see first hand how concerned directors and share holders can be about bad pr for the business.

That in no way means i like it or agree with it. Its just reality.

The left and the media push this crap and this is one of the reasons. They want businesses to be scared to sell them and to take them off their shelves.

My buddy is a manager for walmart and that is the exact reason they stopped selling "tactical" firearms. They were afraid of the risks and the percieved lawsuits that could come.

Its very sad that in a free market society businesses cant sell what they want for fear of being sued. But thats always a tool cor the opposing side.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 22:42
It won't slow sales at all. It will only benefit the small guy who couldn't compete with their big purchase discounts. Shift some of that revenue to the small business who really need it. I get inquires every week. "Can you build me a AR on a budget?" Sure but it will cost more than you can buy one at (...........). They are super cheap right now and every shop with a CNC is building em. I suspect this will drive prices up and probably cause another buy out panic. I'm already hearing comments from guys placing bulk orders of potential targeted items. Go get your umbrella, The sky is falling..............again!!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2016 at 01:57
I didn't mean YOU, ST. 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2016 at 08:39
1994 all over again. Only this time it's going to be worse with an election coming up, and the Supreme Court on the line. Our Freedom is on the line, but most of you know that.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2016 at 14:47
Daniel Defense terminated their business relationshipwith Academy because of this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic