OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Are Mk 4 leupolds made in Beaverton,OR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2016 at 20:07
My only bitch about the M1 turrets is they are tall enough to catch on things. If you have not mounted it you may want to look at SWFA's Super Sniper line of scopes.
SWFA SS HD 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS HD 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SS39X42MQ
  • Matte
  • Patented First Focal Plane Mil-Quad Reticle
  • 30mm
  • OK for .50 cal
  • 0.1 MRAD
$599.95
SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SSHD520X50MQ
  • Patented First Focal Plane Mil-Quad Reticle
  • 30mm
  • HD Model
  • Locking Ocular Adjustment
  • 0.1 Mrad Elevation & Windage
  • 10 Mils Per Revolution
  • 30 Mils Of Total Travel
  • Side Focus
$1,299.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2016 at 20:09
http://kentonindustries.com/custom-turrets/leupold-tactical

http://kentonindustries.com/custom-turrets/swfa   

custom engraved to match balistics of your cartridge

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hangfire View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2016 at 22:34
I've been to HK. Fake brands of all kinds of products you find as clones here on eBay, are found there stamped with the brand names they are copying. The level of copying fakery is quite impressive. I suggest this is what your friend saw.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2016 at 07:31
Leupolds are made in Oregon.  Fake Leupolds are made elsewhere.  
Visit the Ed Show
Pioneer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2016 at 14:43
I'm getting into this kind of late, but since I've just discovered the forum, I hope to be forgiven.  Yes, all Leupold brand products are made in Beaverton Oregon.  I worked for Leupold for about 5 years after retiring from my career elsewhere. 

The ONLY imported component in Leupold branded products are the lenses.  All other components, from tubes, gaskets, "O" rings, screws, etc. are made in the US at Leupold, or from various sub-contractors.   When I was there (2001-2006) the lenses were  imports from Kyocera, in Japan.
The Production VP makes annual international trips to various optics companies, mainly Japan and Germany to select the best lenses he can find. 

Leupold's "Wind River" products are imported from the Orient, but I can't remember if it is from Japan, or S. Korea.  They do have to meet Leupold's standards for quality control and are tested before shipping. 

Fake Leupold products are unfortunately common.  We discovered them when someone would send them in for warranty repairs.  Not only are they fakes, we referred to them as counterfeit, a criminal problem.  As we were able to locate a potential source for the counterfeits, we'd report them to US Customs for investigation. 

And by-the-way: they are pronounced Lew-pold, not leo-poldSmile

Retired and living in the realm of respectable obscurity.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2016 at 23:09

King Leopold of Belgium

Visit the Ed Show
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2016 at 12:05
Originally posted by porkchop401 porkchop401 wrote:

Well fellas I pulled the trigger on a mk4 4.5-14x50 Lt/r (m1/duplex) I guess if it doesn't work out it will be an excuse to get another scope!

I think you have done well. Another member here from Denmark uses the illuminated version for deer and is quite happy with his scope.
Doug
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2016 at 13:54
Welcome to OT, Pioneer, and thanks for your input!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
porkchop401 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkchop401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2016 at 18:58
Well fellas I got the MK4 and encountered the following issues , a very narrow eyebox , I could not get adequate eye relief due to the bell touching the pic rail and the cross hairs not being square turrets . the crosshairs were only slightly out  but out none the less . All being sais it was sold to a fella that loved it and now we are both happy . A NXS is on its way!!   
The unprepared are the most likely to suffer;    Teddy R.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 07:20

Sounds more gooder.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic