OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

to buy or not to buy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: to buy or not to buy
    Posted: August/12/2006 at 08:18

HELP !!!! I saw a scope in a gun shop over in Miami last week.It was an eagle10-40x50mm does anyone know anything about eagle as I have never heard of them It has paralax adj 10-40power adj and cross hair adj also some kind of adj between power and crosshair but nobody knows what it does.can someone out there help me?.better yet e-mail a set of instructions so i can decide weather to buy it or not.thanks for any help

Clamper Jack

lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2006 at 17:37

Let's see...

A scope from a company you've never heard of with some kind of feature that noone (including the seller?) knows anything about, no price listed, and you want a buy/don't buy recommendation?

Don't Buy!!!

Unless you know exactly what it is you are dealing with, stick with the numerous household names in sports-optics like Leupold, Bushnell, Nikon, Pentax, Swarovski, Zeiss, etc.  Leave the obscure, odd, rare, and unusual optics (especially the ones of questionable quality and/or origin) to nutjobs and collectors - who at least might have either some idea of the relative worth of the optic in question or at least the knowledge base to be able to weed out optics with desireable qualities from the cheap junk.

By the way, I don't include myself in the above mentioned group - which is why all my optics are from Leupold, Bushnell/Bausch and Lomb, or Pentax.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Garrand View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2006 at 09:18
I took a chance, bought a SS, will never look for a bargin again.
Islamofacists are nothing but Chicken shi'ites
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic