OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope for 17AH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterPhotog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope for 17AH
    Posted: March/25/2016 at 10:57

Hello, new member here looking for a quality scope for a newly ordered Cooper 17AH.  Excited to receive my Cooper soon!

I will be using the Cooper for smaller game - crow, squirrel, fox, rabbit, etc.  and would like a recommendation on a nice scope/reticle combination.

I'm interested in a fixed 12x scope, but wondered if my smaller game will be large enough while glassing at 150 - 200 yards.

The accuracy has the potential to be laser like and I don't want to do the rifle and my reloading a disservice by just getting the cross hairs close.

Thanks for any input, especially from those that shoot the 17 cals.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 19:15
Welcome to Optics Talk. 

Wow...A Cooper! Awesome rifles. 

My .17 HMR wore a 2-7x Weaver. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 19:19
12x at 200 yards will make game appear to be 16 yards away
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2016 at 19:20

If you want to get a fixed scope, make it a 4x or a 6x max for a .17 that is

enough for this rifle.  They are a short distance rifle, but you should know that. Wink

MasterPhotog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterPhotog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2016 at 12:44
I've had the weekend to dig a little deeper on a nice scope to mount on the Cooper 17AH rifle and I've listed some potentials.

Again, this rifle will be used for smaller game (crow, fox, squirrel, rabbit) that will range from 50 to under 200 yards.

Positive and negative feedback on these are welcomed.  The feedback I'm looking for is really in terms of scope magnification married to the 17AH caliber.  Quality feedback is fine too, but prior to quality, I'd like to match the right scope to this caliber.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic