OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Torque Wrench

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockhead5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold Torque Wrench
    Posted: March/14/2016 at 08:12
New to this forum and to long range marksmanship. Any tips or secrets for using the Leupold torque wrench?? Does Leupold make or sell proprietary sockets?? I fully realize this is a novice question. I just want to hear from those with the experience and training to do it myself. Thank you!!.....Jim, (Rockhead5)
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2016 at 03:53
Welcome. 

I don't know. I use a Borka. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
rockhead5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockhead5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2016 at 14:54
Very nice looking set!!!
rockhead5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockhead5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2016 at 14:56
What's the model or name of the kit you have pictured??
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2016 at 15:03
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2016 at 15:20
I use the Wheeler Fat Wrench
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/718023/wheeler-engineering-fat-firearm-accurizing-torque-torque-wrench-screwdriver
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2016 at 18:17
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

I use the Wheeler Fat Wrench
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/718023/wheeler-engineering-fat-firearm-accurizing-torque-torque-wrench-screwdriver

That's a decent tool. I have one, but went with the Borka and promptly lost the knob thing that goes on top. I still use it with no ill effects, still works. I'm wanting to use a thread spool to replace it.  

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2016 at 19:32

+ 1 Wheeler FAT Wrench or Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench.

I have a digital one that goes to 100" in-lbs I think the standard only measures or Clutches up to 65in-lbs...  I have compared to other calibrated in'lbs or newton Meter wrenches and it more accurate than +/- listing Wheeler publishes.  Deviation on the two I have is less than +/- 1 inch-lbs... Compared to not each other but rather calibrated ASNI spec'd Clean Room Lab Assembly Instruments for JPL...

Here are the links.

http://swfa.com/Wheeler-Engeneering-FAT-Wrench-Inch-Torque-Wrench-P63357.aspx

http://swfa.com/Wheeler-1-30mm-Scope-Mounting-Kit-Combo-P89226.aspx

http://www.btibrands.com/product/digital-f-a-t-wrench/

Order from SWFA

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - March/15/2016 at 20:02
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic