OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plowboy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski scope
    Posted: February/24/2016 at 20:19
Been looking around for info on Swarovski scopes an have heard they are very clear do they make there on glass ? Thanks
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2016 at 20:22
They are one of the top teir optic companies. Some of the best optics available. No idea if they make their own lenses or not.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2016 at 20:35
Don't know if they make their own glass but their crystal is spectacular! As is their glass.

😎
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2016 at 21:22
The first time I looked through a Swarovski I almost fainted.  Unbelievable. You don't need one to go hunting, but....what a freaking scope!!    
Visit the Ed Show
Plowboy63 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plowboy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 09:27
Have been told that Swarovski cuts there lenses from crystal am hoping someone in here could verify that one way or the other. I have looked through a few and they are VERY clear that is for sure. Also can someone tell me how well they hold Zero Thanks for the replies very helpful
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 09:44
Well, Weaver scopes hold their zero.  I would guess that Swarovski, which costs TEN TIMES what Weaver costs, would probably hold up for a little shooting....
Visit the Ed Show
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 10:15
Y'all are killing me! Ilya, might be best suited to ask but I'm thinking they use Schott AG based in Mainz De. They do have a factory here in the US also but I'm not sure what scope glass they produce. They are solely owned by Carl Zeiss-Stiftung.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Plowboy63 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plowboy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 11:38
Now I'm confused (does not take much) So Carl Zeiss-Stiftung owns Swarovski ? 
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 11:46
No. Schott glass is owned by zeiss.

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Plowboy63 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plowboy63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 11:50
Okay thanks for clearing that up for me 
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 12:04
As far as who's glass do they use, I don't know that it really matters.  They could use glass from multiple glass manufactures and maybe even multiple lens manufactures.  And they might do it or some of it in house too.  Lots of optics companies keep things like this confidential.   

Either way, they will only use the lenses that are up to the quality level they need for their optics.  Then they (or a vendor) will apply their coatings to the lenses, to the spec they require.  In the end all the lenses Swaro will use meet the spec requirements and I am sure are tested to make sure. 

As far as are swaro good.  They only make one level of scope.  Which are the best they can make.  They have multiple price points, but that is only because of the level of technology used in the scopes.  The have the Z3 which is a 1 inch tube with 3x erector system, the Z5 which is 1" with 5x erector system, and the z6 wich is 30mm with 6x erector.  They all use the same level of optics and are all excellent.  

Edited by supertool73 - February/25/2016 at 12:14

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 12:24
Do not buy a Swaro scope..................................... unless you want to be spoiled. It will make all of your other scopes look bad!!!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
HKtoTikka View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKtoTikka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 15:59
Too late!!  My first scope was a Swaro 10x42 Habicht Nova from the samplelist  ($500)

Then I bought a Leo.  I sold the Leo then bought 3 SWFA SS.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2016 at 16:35
Happy, Happy, Happy!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2016 at 07:43
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Do not buy a Swaro scope..................................... unless you want to be spoiled. It will make all of your other scopes look bad!!!

Unless you have a Zeiss Hensoldt...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2016 at 13:44

Roll Eyes

" Pretty soon Dan will start bragging on that Voere rifle of his....."   

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic