OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CARL ZEISS 8 X 52 DIASTA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HGTE2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CARL ZEISS 8 X 52 DIASTA
    Posted: February/03/2016 at 18:31
Ladies and gentlemen.  Getting my 300 WIN MAG ready to go.  Need to know how to adjust my 8x 52 Zeiss Diasta scope.  When I took off the NOB all I got was 3 Black screw heads and 1 silver head.  What is what and how I do I adjust this B(*&(&?

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2016 at 18:57
give me a sec to look up the scope.
Welcome to the OT.

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2016 at 19:09
Good Lord man why in the world would you put that scope on a 300 win mag? that thing is a WWII relic.

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
HGTE2001 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HGTE2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2016 at 19:27
I bought the gun with the scope swing mounts back in 1989 in Germany.  I was shooting a 180 grain Bullet it was sighted for and have never needed to adjust it.  I could print groups out to 800 yards.  I killed a few deer with it.  Now I need a gun ready for Moose and Caribou next year.  I am hoping to keep the scope and use her.

If not Will get me another 1000 yard scope! 

Hayes
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2016 at 00:56
Found this on the computer:

"Hensoldt Dialytan 4x

"Of the four screws there should be ONE lighter (silver colored) screw and the other three should be brass or possibly even blackened. Net, there should be a BIG difference between the three & one of them. We're currently interested in the LIGHTER colored one; because:

You loosen the silver colored screw to adjust the elevation. The elevation adjustment is accomplished by turning the inner turret once the screw has been completely loosened and it should be re-tightened after the adjustments are made. The old Hensolts did not have a centered recticle, so you'll be able to see how much adjsutment has been made by the position of the recticle in the scope's field of view; either lower/higher of center/middle. Depending on the manufacturing date; it may or may not have "Clicks" or the turret simply turns. 

If you cannot get enough adjsutment, then ALL four screws are removed and you will most likely have to use a mechanical aid (PLIERS!) to further adjsut the recticle either higher or lower. By this time you will definately be seeing a difference in the position of the recticle in the scope.

There is @ maximum of 50 cm's; or 20" total horizontal adjustment built into these older scopes which means from dead center you've only got about 10" to play with - either higher or lower."

Jim Franco
Juneau, Alaska"

The description was spot on for a Hensoldt and an old Zeiss, the scopes only needed minor vertical adjustments to hit the target so I didn´t use the pliers Wink

If you have a mount with possibility to adjust vertical/horizontal, adjust the mount first before turning the scope turret(s)

Gerry Atric

Edited by Gerry Atric - February/05/2016 at 01:27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic