OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IWB holster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IWB holster
    Posted: January/26/2016 at 18:57
Gentlemen,

I know nothing about holsters.

I am looking for a IWB holster for a Glock 17.  

Any suggestions?

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 19:08
Check out Concealment Express.  I like theirs.  Two guys I shoot with have their holsters.  There is a guy who shows up sometimes who makes custom holsters… I've not seen him in a while, but will get his info if you are interested.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 19:13
My friend makes foxy tuck holsters. While they are not as pretty as some, they work excellent and are very comfortable.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 19:36
Foxy tuck looked like a very appealing design.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 20:04
Milt Sparks Executive Companion, my favorite IWB so far. Also really like one from Kramer gun leather and have a few from Alessi too.

I am too much a purist to like the leather/kydex holsters, which is strange because I am not so purist that I won't carry a plastic gun.

I have a drawer filled with various holsters, some are great, some suck, and all points in between. The trick to holsters is to find one that fits your body well and stick with it.

And don't skimp on the belt. I usually do 2-ply, 2".
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 20:20
Kore Essentials makes a good dress type gun belt. I have a X1.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 20:24
I have slept with my foxy tuck. They are quite comfy IMO. Thomas is a great guy too
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 20:25
Liger gun belts are awesome IMO. I have hd two of them for 10 years. They still look brand new and have not deformed at all. Excellent belts

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 20:40
I think I will order the Foxy Tuck holster. 

Although, I do not intend to sleep with it.  That's just wrong....

ILya
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 20:49
Hahaha. I just re-read what i wrote.

I should have said i have taken a nap before with my holster still on my belt

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 20:56
Looking at the order form, for Foxy Tuck, there are a couple of things there that are not clear to me.  I suppose I'll just give him a call.

ILya
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2016 at 21:24
Hard to beat Milt Sparks if you like all leather and don't mind the wait or paying over retail for a few sold on Ebay.  I have three of their IWB and two belt holsters that have served yeoman duty.  My daily wear is an Executive Companion, a non-current product, for a Dan Wesson ECO .45.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 08:54
https://www.facebook.com/RbHolsters/ Tell him Cortney sent ya.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 10:11
Rob Leahy / Simply Rugged holsters are nice and the turn around time is very good.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 15:49
I use a Horse hide Shepard for a Sig 938. It is a similar style to the foxy. It is comfortable with almost no added bulk. 
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2016 at 22:12
ILya, I would seriously consider a UNS from Ken Null. This is the original Paris Theadore design. It is extremely fast, flat and comfortable. I have had a Louis Alessi of the same design for many years but Null is the original. I have many IWB holsters from Sparks, Alessi and Null. The UNS is the best design I have ever used for IWB carry. It will hide a G17 under a Tshirt. I use it for G19, G20, Sig228 and USP45. It is outstanding. It will not shift, is flat and very comfortable
Doug
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2016 at 11:52
That's interesting.  Unless I am missing something, Ken Null's website suggests that the UNS can only be made for guns with barrels of up to 4" in length.  My Glock is longer than that, but I could get one for the CZ.

Thanks
ILya
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2016 at 18:33
http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/holsters-belt-gear/holsters/inside-the-waistband-holsters/semi-auto-summer-special-2-prod9922.aspx

I like the Milt Sparks holsters.  The Summer Special is the one I use more than any other.  I have a couple of the Versa Max II holsters but dont like the front cut between the holster and snap so suspect the model Rancid has - The Executive Companion would be the one of choice if one has 6 month to wait for it.   I may have to order one myself.   The Summer Special and the 55BN are Bruce Nelson designs and he was the best at this, but died about 30 yrs ago. I strongly recommend the 55BN for a belt holster its one of the fastest holsters I have ever had.

SUMMER SPECIAL 2

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2016 at 18:38
UNS is avaialble for the 17. Is yours an L?
Doug
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2016 at 18:42

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic