OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

model seven

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: model seven
    Posted: January/17/2016 at 07:58
   The Remington Model Seven is back in the stainless and laminated stock versions for 2016. Unless it's a misprint,the .260 Remington now is listed as having a 1-8' twist.  I sure hope to see them soon in my local gun stores. I've owned a 700 mtn dm in .260 for years and it has been a frustrating experience. This is probably the most inaccurate rifle I've ever owned. I never figured out if it's because of the twist rate,pencil thin barrel,bad bedding(although I've had the barrel floated),or just a bad gun. I've tried Leupold scopes,Monarchs,and Sightron twos all with the same results. If this wasn't the sweetest handling gun I own,I'd have given up years ago.
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2016 at 09:09
That's close to the perfect deer rifle for most people.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2016 at 09:20
Sounds about like a Ruger Compact.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
jkll View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2016 at 10:57
hate the RUGER compact---lawyer trigger and the length of pull is made for Billy Barty
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2016 at 11:49
Originally posted by jkll jkll wrote:

hate the RUGER compact---lawyer trigger and the length of pull is made for Billy Barty

Hey watch out how you talk not everybody can scratch their knees without bending over😎

I have a 7MS .257 Roberts. Its one of my absolute favorites.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2016 at 20:20
I have an M7 SS in .260 and it is an outstanding deer rifle. Deadly accurate and a pile driver with 140 grain pills.
Doug
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2016 at 17:25
My father has a model 700 mountain rifle in 260 that was one of the 1st out of the factory. Like the original poster, it has poor accuracy issues. Only factory loads we could find that it would reasonably shoot was 120gr loadings. 140 loads are all over the place.
 He complained to Remington about the rifle, they said they would replace the barrel because it had a too slow rate of twist. They sent him a box with pre-paid shipping label, but it was at a time he was moving, and also having regular stays in the hospital for polycystic kidney disease.
 Long story short, a few yrs after the complaint, he finally contacted remington again to see if the offer was still good. They said no, it would cost $300 for them to re-barrel it.
 It is a super good looking little rifle, and handy. It is a shame Remington released these 1st batches of rifles with "issues" similar to the same reason the 6mm never caught on.Loco

Edited by HuntMaster - January/20/2016 at 17:53
Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2016 at 18:17
Whatever    I don't have any problems with Remington....cause I don't buy any.....
Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2016 at 18:23
🦃

Eduardo, I should clarify that it's the only Remington that I own, except for a couple shotguns.

Edited by Peddler - January/18/2016 at 19:09

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2016 at 19:38
The Model Sevens look very cool.  I would get one maybe for my daughter.  Or a Tikka...something light.  
Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2016 at 19:42
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

The Model Sevens look very cool.  I would get one maybe for my daughter.  Or a Tikka...something light.  

Model 7 and Tikka can't be used in the same breath!!!!!

Ain't even close!

😎

Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2016 at 21:39
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Model 7 and Tikka can't be used in the same breath!!!!!

Ain't even close!

😎

I was thinking the same thing!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2016 at 22:14
Yes...I have a Tikka M695.    But I was thinking of weight.   Those little Remingtons look neat, though.  But they ain't a work of art from Finland.  
Visit the Ed Show
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2016 at 12:12
I beg to differ. I bought my M7 from my brother who also had the Tikka. I will let him chime in on this in that regard. But, my M7 shoots moa with various factory ammo in both 120 and 140 gr. The action is smooth and the trigger is typical, not great, but decent for a factory offering.
Being an older M7, we will not go down the path of the factory Tikka vs Remington cheek rotting (synthetic) stocks.
Doug
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2016 at 22:26
I got walnut, the way GOD intended......   Bucky
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2016 at 22:27
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2016 at 22:28

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2016 at 22:29

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic