OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles K624i reticle ilumination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles K624i reticle ilumination
    Posted: January/11/2016 at 08:19
Hello everyone:
 I have a Kahles K624i rifle scope, and when turning up the reticle ilumination, I have observed the following:
  As you know, K624i´s have a rheostat, with no detents, and no deffined brightness levels.  But in mine, when I first turn it on, I can see that, in the lowest intensity levels, there a total of three jumps in intensity, and the rheostat reacts as knobs with detents do, but from that point, it begins to act the expected way, that´s it, brightness begins to increase in a constant, smooth way, with no jumps in intensity at all.   Sorry for my english, and I hope you catch the meaning of what I try to explain.
  I would like to ask to someone who owns a k624I,  if it happens the same in his-her scope.

Greetings from Pedro-Rapaz (Spain)

Rapaz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2016 at 10:19
In other words, at the lowest intensity levels, the knob behaves the same way as if it were one with click detents, with three different intensity levels, but once your reach the third intensity level, brightness increases in a constat, smooth way, as expected from a rheostat controlled ilumination reticle.
   If someone who owns a K624i coulp please make me the favor of cheking it out, I would really thank him.

Greetings from Spain

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2016 at 12:09
Will check mine when I can and get back to you. Do you know what generation scope you have? They may have made changes over the past few years/generations.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Rapaz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2016 at 13:39
Hello:
  Mine is third generation, from 2015; the one with no detents on the parallax wheel.

Greetings

Skexzies View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skexzies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2016 at 19:16
I have a K 624i CC 6-24X56 Abs. MSR from 2015.  I believe the product number is "10540" if I am reading the box correctly.   Mine turns on with an initial pulse of light (like the electronics are warming up; or...an electrical overvoltage). Then it immediately dims to almost unobservable levels in under a second (i.e. really fast).  From that point onwards, as I rotate the knob, it behaves exactly like a smooth rheostat.  The brightness increases smoothly with no pulses or 'artificial detents' in brightness.  
I like to plink; just at +1000m
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic