OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Customer Service Experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Customer Service Experience
    Posted: December/31/2015 at 17:35
Just wanted to share:

Ordered a new Vortex Venom red dot for my newly acquired Glock 40 MOS.  Unboxed it, mounted it up and appeared to work good.  Shut it off, put the cover one...then 3 days later took it out to look at it.  It was on when the cover was taken off (instructions said if in auto mode it does turn on when cover off), but would only flicker and wouldnt shut off.  

I called in the CS line and got a real person right away, who transferred me quickly to another person.  I explained the issue, and he had an email with overnight return label to me within 20 minutes of the call. On the way to drop it off I stopped and bought a new battery to check just in case, but that had no impact and I sent him an email informing him.  

Well, 2 days later he said there was an issue and a new or repaired one is on the way today, and including a hat and shirt for my trouble.  While its concerning to have an issue before its actually been fired, it is a new product and I can understand some surprises.  Frankly the bigger deal to me is how they are taking care of it...no wait 2 weeks or send it in, but handling it right now...with a real person and nearly instant contact from email.

Just thought I would share the experience as I know CS is a big deal to so many here...I have been lucky to very rarely have to use it but wanted to relay the very positive experience.
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2015 at 17:58
Great to know! Thanks! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2016 at 09:04
They don't fool around. That's for sure.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2016 at 12:33
Great CS story… very good to know.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2016 at 14:38
Thanks for sharing.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2016 at 09:19
Good deal Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2016 at 19:47
Well we took a turn for the worse....CS told me sending a brand new unit...I did get a shirt and hat...but tell me if this looks brand new? Can see where it was touched up, elevation screw marked, and can see it's even mounted by screw holes. There's a few other marks on it as well where it was touched up on front and sides.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2016 at 20:18
Might call them and ask if by some chance they mixed up a refurbished one for a new one - see what they say.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 12:34
More to the story....finally took the "new" unit they sent me out to the range today on my glock 40 in 10mm.  Second round, battery cap and battery flew off and hit me in the forehead.  It was so fast i thought it was a shell casing at first...

Battery lid was tight, looked like it was halfway stripped when i got it...threads on the female side are stripped and looks like not enough engagement and the cap pulled right off.  My theory that this was used and previously mounted when i got it, not new as they said, was supported as my 2nd shot destroyed my 1" target at 10 yards....it was perfectly on.  Odd since i had never touched the adjustments.  The dot was readily visible though and i really liked it on the 2 shots it lasted.

So for those keeping score Vortex is 0 for 2.....not a happy camper.  Sent an email from the range with pictures, so once again will see how they handle it.  At this rate, ill have a closet full of vortex fan gear and no working optics.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2016 at 12:57
Sorry for your trouble and thanks for the intel dump. 

I chatted with a young salesman at a local gun store yesterday and he was raving about how good the Vortex CS was. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic