OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

parallax range

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HU7CH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: parallax range
    Posted: December/14/2015 at 17:10

I have a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24 which has parallax adjustment starting at 50yds mounted on my 22lr I shoot both varmint and target with it.

My question is about shooting shorter distances than 50yrds, how so I best set this up to beat parallax? At 25yrds with the adjustment right back and the mag at 10x, parallax can't be beat. 

Any tips or tricks to how I can better set myself up for accurate shots at shorter ranges than I can adjust the parallax back for? 

THANKS!!! 
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2015 at 21:30
The only way is going to be a very repeatable cheek weld. Or you could sell that scope, and buy a 3-15SS. The SS is parallax free at 6 meters...
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Verminhunter71 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Verminhunter71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 11:53
Whats the closest range you can see a small target clearly? If your minimum paralex is 50 yards if you reduce the magnification down to say 6x can you see a small target much shorter than 50 yards? If so how much. The reason I ask is that I have my eye on the Vortex viper pst 6-24x50 ffp and that too is a minimum 50 yard paralex. Do you know if you can alter it to a shorter distance by turning the lens a few turns in order to shorten the minimum paralex distance. I've seen this demonstrated on YouTube (pyramid air) with a fixed mag scope.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2015 at 12:33
That would be my suggestion also. Dial the power down with the parallax set for minimum distance.
Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic