OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex spitfire ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goosedowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex spitfire ??
    Posted: November/27/2015 at 12:29
I't thinking about getting a vortex spitfire to put on a 9mm carbine. Can I use a ARMS mount with this scope?

Thanks
Lee
wingmaster View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2015 at 22:56
I just got one for $239 black Friday deal, I'm not sure what your wanting to do but I think the only other mount made for them is the American Defense quick detach mount.
goosedowner View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goosedowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2015 at 18:17
I wanted it so the mount would let the SPARC co-witness with my sights.
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2015 at 02:22
My SPARC came with a mount and a spacer so it can be set up to co-witness with the sights or lower one third without the spacer.  The SPARC II does not come with the original 2x magnifyer but I think you can still buy them.  With regard to the Vortex Spitfire, Burris has similar 3x AR 332 and 5x AR 536 red dot sights that appear to co-witness with a base to center of lens height of 1.6".  Call SWFA customer service and they should be able to tell you what you need to know with regard to mounting options and co witnessing for the different red dot sights they sell.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
wingmaster View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2015 at 08:24
I do know the spitfire comes with a riser that can be taken out so you two height options.
goosedowner View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goosedowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2015 at 10:06
I have the SPARC mounted with the factory mounts and it co-witness fine. I am looking for a ARMS mount that will do the same.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic