OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

PIC: Savage 10FP w/ SS scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PIC: Savage 10FP w/ SS scope
    Posted: August/03/2006 at 00:33

finally got around to mounting my replacement scope, stock , rings and rails. my 2nd SS scope if flawless. crisp audible clicks on elevation/windage knobs.. NO internal debris inside lense. 

Savage 10FP LE2, 308, 26inch barrel

Bell n Carlson Varmint stock, Black with grey spider webbing.

TPS 20moa rail and 30mm LOW rings. plenty of clearance for the SS scope. maybe not IF i decide to add a sunshade. i'll probably get the anti glare filter instead when i order the Mil dot master.

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2006 at 11:12

Nice looking rifle setup!  What are you shooting through her?

I also have a B&C Tactical stock on my 10FP-LE1.  GREAT stock for the money.

akjunkie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2006 at 12:18
Federal Sierra Matchking 168gr bthp.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2006 at 16:18

Nicely done!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
stevepsd View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevepsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2006 at 15:50
Where did you find the B&C stock?  I've checked their web-site for their retailers...(competitor), Cabelas, Brownells -
none list the Medalist savage stock.

Thanks.

-steve

Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2006 at 18:54

Here is mine

akjunkie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2006 at 22:31

stevepsd,

i replied to your PM.  the B&C required alittle sanding... front / right part of the stock was touching barrel..i wrapped  sand paper around a socket and did several swipes... that solved the problem. then u gotta drill a hole on the back side of the trigger guard for the screw.  thats about it.

Savage308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2006 at 06:02
I found this place that keeps them in stock. www.shootersdiscount.com
Jessz1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2007 at 19:44
Did anyone that changed there stock notice much of an improvment in accuracy?
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2007 at 20:04

Originally posted by Jessz1 Jessz1 wrote:

Did anyone that changed there stock notice much of an improvment in accuracy?

I upgraded my 10FP-LE1 (20" barrel, .308) to the exact same B&C stock.  LOVE IT!  I had to do the exact same "fitting" on my stock to ensure a free float, etc.  I'd buy another of these stocks in a heartbeat.

With regard to accuracy, the stock did indeed tighten up the groups a bit.  The rifle was a consistant (when I did my part) .8"-.9" rifle for 5-shots with the factory tupperware.  With the B&C, groups under .5" are pretty common and it's turned in probably half a dozen sub .25" groups (all 5 shots).

Jessz1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2007 at 20:09
Thanks Ceylonc. I have read a lot of people changing these Savage stocks out. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine much yet, seems fairly accurate. I have a few parts on order and then will be getting to the range.
dusky-jeff View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dusky-jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2007 at 06:36

Here is my 10FP in the LE2 stock set up. That B & C stock looks really nice. The Choate Machine stock on mine looks a little ugly but it sure feels nice. I have her set up with the high cheek pad and the 1" spacer in the butt. There seem to be a few 10FPs here on this site. What's everybody feeding them. We should compare some range notes.

Jessz1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2007 at 18:35
I am curious to hear what everyone is using also. I am still breaking the barrel in on mine. Not enough time.
TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2007 at 18:39

SSS SVT

We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2007 at 20:12

AWWW YEAH!!!!

TPS, that is one beaut!!!!

Love the IOR

TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2007 at 20:27

Wait to you see the next toy, we are working on...  Its been rumored before and I will show the pic's here first on this rifle...

We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.
Jessz1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2007 at 06:15
Wow, thats really nice. Any details?
akjunkie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2007 at 09:25
i originally had the Choate sniper stock before the B&C, i found the "pistol grip" on the Choate Way to big for my hands.. other than that it was a real nice Stock. had alot of nice features on it.
dusky-jeff View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dusky-jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2007 at 08:03

Really? It feels great to me. I've only put 60 rounds through her breaking in so far but love the way the rig is set up.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic