OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Aadmount or SWFA Precision Mount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aadmount or SWFA Precision Mount
    Posted: November/03/2015 at 21:51
Just purchased a SWFA SS HD scope for my AR. Just wondering about the SWFA Precision or the Aadmount in 30mm. Any thoughts from owners. Any other manufactures that I should consider?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 09:23
The SWFA is made, (I believe), by Bobro. Excellent product, as I'm sure the Aadmount is. 

I had the former on a Bravo Middy. Worked great. Now, I believe Bobro rearranged the cap screws so that they are facing "up" instead of "down", which helps with install. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 09:59
I like both.  They are both excellent mounts.  Mostly, to me, depends on what "look" you are after with your rifle setup.  One man's beauty is another man's ugly.  I'm not crazy about the Bobro-type design, but functionally the SS is excellent.  My preferred of all is the Near Alphamount.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 10:45
Swfa is quick release. Aadmount is fixed.   Another excellent mount is American Defense.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2015 at 20:39
I have two of the American Defense QR 20 MOA mounts I like.  QR is worth the upcharge if you plan to switch around between scope, red dot and open sights or use one scope on multiple rifles.  I've read a couple tests on return to zero precision and ADM and Bobro always finish at the top of the list.  I've seen Aadamounts and they look well made but I have not used them.  You won't go wrong with any of these.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Whale View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2015 at 13:55

Thank you everybody for your advice . I will look into the American Defense. However, I am leaning towards the Aadmount mount.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2015 at 15:17
For non-QD mounts I switched entirely to Aadmounts.  I have used a bunch of them and have 100% confidence in them.

For QD mounts, Bobro/SWFA is good if you prefer a single lever arrangement.  American Defense mounts are very good as well, although I think their single lever mounts do not come back to zero as well and dual lever ones.

ILya
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2015 at 20:04
I would 100% agree with the optics master on all points.

Unless I must have QD for a given rifle I prefer the Aadmount.

Just a thing of beauty and lighter than they look.

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2015 at 21:02
Near Alphamount:

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Whale View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2015 at 18:36

Went with the Aadmount for my AR.

Thanks guys.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2015 at 07:43
I don't think you will ever be unhappy with that choice.

HKtoTikka View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKtoTikka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2015 at 21:46
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I like both.  They are both excellent mounts.  Mostly, to me, depends on what "look" you are after with your rifle setup.  One man's beauty is another man's ugly.  I'm not crazy about the Bobro-type design, but functionally the SS is excellent.  My preferred of all is the Near Alphamount.  

Drool.

After seeing Alphamounts mentioned the past month or so I finally checked out Near's website.
Those are works of art!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2015 at 22:35
Mine are all La Rue but I would gladly run an  Aadmount and may decide to use one on my NEMO when I get the right scope for it. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2015 at 08:28
Wes, I believe the USOptics LR-17 is the perfect scope for the Omen Recon.  I believe you have a 20" barrel, so you MAY want a little more top end.  The SS 5-20 certainly would seem a great choice.  I like big magnification… prefer to see the target as if it is 10 yards away.  I was in negotiation with a company to build me a prototype 4-100 rifle scope w/100mm objective, however the "world" happened.  Still think it could be great.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic