OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Fear Mongering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fear Mongering
    Posted: October/08/2015 at 13:22
I'm posting this here because I'm referring to a picture - a cool picture.  The link was attached to a fear monger type email that had some flaws in its logic.  Can you spot the error?

Here is the email as sent to me...
Fw: Think you can hide in a large crowd? Not anymore

Ever wonder how they found the Boston bombers in just a few days? This may help you to understand what the government is looking at. This photo was taken in Canada and shows about 700,000 people. 

Hard to disappear in a crowd.     Pick on a small part of the  crowd click a couple of times -- wait -- click a few more times and see how clear each individual face will become each time. Or use the wheel on your mouse.

This picture was taken with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera  (2100 Mega  Pixels.)  These cameras are not sold to the public and are being installed in strategic locations. 

The camera can identify a face among a multitude of people. 

Place your computer cursor in the mass of people and double-click a couple times. Scary sharp!!  Not so easy to hide in a crowd anymore.

CLICK ON:

http://www.gigapixel.com/mobile/?id=79995

P.S. don't forget to read the text above the picture in the link.

I am not trying to promote one political ideology or another.  I'm also not trying to pick any fights.  I just wanted to bring to light that whatever your cause, make sure your supporting evidence backs it up.

Stamp collecting since 2015
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2015 at 14:50
Its wild how far technology has come. The resolution from that thing is outstanding.
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2015 at 14:53
Yup. Technology has come a looong way. I saw a another picture from a camera made up of 300+ smartphone sensors.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2015 at 16:35
I'll give you something else to think about, study of the picture shows at least 2 peoples faces have been removed from the picture?  can you spot where?

I'll give you a hint down close to Hamilton street. 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2015 at 17:06
Cool I'll look for it. I did find where one guys face was in the picture twice. The two faces were right next together. It must come from the photo being taken over several minutes and the guy moved
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic