OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

1 Piece Scope Mounts on .308 Bolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 Piece Scope Mounts on .308 Bolt
    Posted: October/04/2015 at 15:45
What 1 piece scope ring base mount is there available to use on a bolt .308?

I have a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 mounted on a 20 moa steel Nightforce base on a Remi 700 .308 sps tactical.  

I really want a 1 piece ring mount so I can transfer the scope, but I can't find one without any additional elevation build into it.  (And the Spuhr $450 mount is completely out of budget, but it is SWEET!)

If there are no 1 pieces, what rings should I use? I am pretty sure I can get away with low mount rings with the 20 moa base and the 44mm obj.  

Do I need to run steel rings since the base is steel?

Thanks!
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2015 at 20:16

Try DNZ it has proven to be a solid reliable mount and one I have used for years. I think SWFA carries them.

DNZ

Size … 30 MM 

Model … 700 Tactical 20MOA 

Action … Short Action 

Height … Medium 

Color … Black 

$156.00 +/-

Remington 700:

Right hand mount fits right hand firearms and left hand mounts fit left hand firearms.

MOA Mounts are tapered down on front for long range shooting. Height will be about .03″ lower on front ring than a standard mount.

Base screws are 6-48 X 1/4″ long. Ring screws are 6-40 X 5/8″ long. Both use a 7/64″ Allen wrench.

Short action – Outside to outside of rings is 4.26″ for standard ring mounts. Standard rings are .63″ wide and have 2 ring screws per ring. Tactical rings are .80″ wide and have 4 ring  screws per ring. 4 Hole to hole spacing dimensions are .86″, 3.63″, .60″. Height of mounts from top of receiver to centerline of scope tube is – low .98″, medium 1.11″, and high 1.23″.

Good Luck with it!!

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
saltydog235 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltydog235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2015 at 15:27
X2 on the DNZ. None of mine are 20MOA but they've all been great.
Hollywood58 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2015 at 16:49
Thanks for the help guys!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic