OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

WTK: Nikon UCC Monarch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTK: Nikon UCC Monarch
    Posted: August/01/2006 at 00:38
i bought a Nikon UCC monarch 5.5-16.5x 44 with a Nikoplex several years ago. i was wondering is it possible to replace the factory knobs/turrets to Tactical turrets like the super sniper?  any after market vendors?

tia
Henry455 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2006 at 11:01

If it has existing Target Turrets, these people might help you out:

http://www.kentonindustries.com/

Click on yardage formats and scroll down to the bottom

akjunkie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2006 at 12:40
yeh, i saw this  site already.. i dont see anything for 5.5-16x44.. is it "power" specific?

Henry455 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2006 at 17:04
Not power specific. They will custom calibrate and mark the knobs for your specific cartridge's trajectory. You have to supply trajectory info to them from either the ammo maker or you can supply them with the muzzle velocity, zero range (100 yds, 150, 200 etc.) bullet construction, weight, ballistic coef. etc. They will custom mark the dials based on a specific cartridge's trajectory or you can supply them with info from real world experience with your particular rifle, how many clicks you have to dial in the be on target at various ranges..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic