OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bow season is almost upon us.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bow season is almost upon us.
    Posted: September/20/2015 at 22:29
Bow season opens here in Texas on October 6th. Set my feeder up and had a few visitors.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 04:37
Can you shoot hogs anytime?
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 05:25
In Texas you can shoot them anytime with anything...  100GW laser rifle preferred...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 05:50
It is now illegal to shoot them in NY.

Go figure!

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 07:48

Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Anywhere, any time, and just about by any means necessary.  I'm truly surprised there hasn't been a bounty issued on these yet.

tejas View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 08:00
Generally, I only kill the trophy boars. I don't care for the meat so if I pulled the trigger on any of these I'd just have a mess to clean up. Landowners would chastise me for thinking this way, but I love to hunt hogs and don't try to eradicate them. This coming weekend we will have a big enough moon to hunt at night. I'll go see if I can get a shot at something with some tusks.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 08:15

It is now illegal to shoot them in NY.

Go figure!

That baffles me. Considering the rest of the country is having a difficult time wrangling them and taking in to considerations the reproduction rates.

WOW!

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 08:31
The state claims that when they are shot at the hogs scatter and it makes them harder to trap.

Must have been a scientific study conducted by some libtard.

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 08:33
Excellent Liberals, because that makes a significant amount of sense.  Loco
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 09:19
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Anywhere, any time, and just about by any means necessary.  I'm truly surprised there hasn't been a bounty issued on these yet.

And by "just about any means necessary," that literally means "by any means," not confined to just firearms or archery equipment... traps, knife, spear, blowgun, slingshot, Tannerite, hurled heavy objects... if it's a lethal device or method, and it's legal to own, you can legally use it to kill hogs.

And, you can kill as many as you want, as often as you want, any time of day 24/7.

In other words, there are virtually no regulations for killing hogs in TX, except that you still have to buy a hunting license.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 10:53
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

And by "just about any means necessary," that literally means "by any means," not confined to just firearms or archery equipment... traps, knife, spear, blowgun, slingshot, Tannerite, hurled heavy objects... if it's a lethal device or method, and it's legal to own, you can legally use it to kill hogs.

And, you can kill as many as you want, as often as you want, any time of day 24/7.

In other words, there are virtually no regulations for killing hogs in TX, except that you still have to buy a hunting license.
Need to get the gas diverter completed.  Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 12:53
When I went hunting in June, the guide told me if we saw any hogs, he would pay me $100.00 for any I killed.  Unfortunately, did not see any...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2015 at 14:00

They destroy tons of property, let alone the amount of corn and protein they consume on these ranches.

One of the ranches that I'm familiar, where we took Spencer hunting, has a bi-weekly schedule of protein and corn delivered by an 18 wheeler. Lots of money tied up in feeding stockers and trophies.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic