OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The OT College Football Thread....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2015 at 17:00
Florida host The Vols this weekend. 

Might want to use a 2 QB attack against the Volunteer "D" that is quite good this year. Tempo, keep them guessing....TRY to make up for that Florida "O" line that is gonna have a LONG day against Tenn's front 7. 

Stay classy Knoxville!! 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2015 at 17:05
So who's The OT's numba one team in the country going into week 4??

Me? 

The best team I've seen this year is...The Sip!! Maybe not defensively, but that high octane offense can keep them in a game with anybody in the country right now. 

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2015 at 17:13
I want to see them play LSwho, I've already watch every agonizing second against Bama! Really Sad
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2015 at 17:29
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

I want to see them play LSwho, I've already watch every agonizing second against Bama! Really Sad

Who Dat got to go on the road to play them this year. Your right, Mike. That will be a great match up. 
I still think Fournette is just getting warmed up. He is DAZZLING. 

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2015 at 21:04
Ole Miss is a very good team, no doubt. I'm still not convinced they're a better team top to bottom than Bama, despite Saturday's results. It's just damn difficult for any team to overcome 5 turnovers against a quality opponent.I take nothing away from Miss; turnovers are part of the game, and they made the most of Bama's mistakes, legitimately beating Bama in Tuscaloosa. But, I still believe Bama has more talent overall, and I believe they can bounce back from this and still be a legit playoff contender, as previous years have demonstrated.

LSU's Fournette is a once in a decade, special player. The dude is frightening! If LSU had a potent passing attack to complement him, their offense would be damn near unstoppable.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 04:23
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Might want to use a 2 QB attack against the Volunteer "D" that is quite good this year. Tempo, keep them guessing....TRY to make up for that Florida "O" line that is gonna have a LONG day against Tenn's front 7. 

Stay classy Knoxville!! 

I can't think of any way to describe this family!

Stupid, dumb, weird I don't know!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 06:27
I disagree about Bammers. I'm not sold on Coker. Secondary is highly suspect. The loss of Amari Cooper is showing. No big name stars that Bama typically has on the roster. Henry ain't bad, but can't do it all. 
All that, IMHO, and a stronger than usual SEC West...

Bama ain't done losing. This could easily be a 3 loss season for The Tide. (Sorry, Mike.)    
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 07:33

Stay classy Knoxville!! 

OMG, that's the typical Tn fan. Check out the ring. At least they are all costumed up for trick-er-treating. LOL

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 07:46
Lulu and Junior are always great...

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 12:06

I disagree about Bammers. I'm not sold on Coker. Secondary is highly suspect. The loss of Amari Cooper is showing. No big name stars that Bama typically has on the roster. Henry ain't bad, but can't do it all. 
All that, IMHO, and a stronger than usual SEC West...

Bama ain't done losing. This could easily be a 3 loss season for The Tide. (Sorry, Mike.)    

Maybe so, but consider this...
Bama was down 30-10 near the end of the 3rd quarter. Yet, they still managed to score 27 points mostly in the 4th quarter to bring the score within 6. They were driving with a minute left in the game and might have scored again to take the lead had Coker not been intercepted.

Bama put 503 total yards on the Ole Miss D vs. 433 total yds for Ole Miss.

Bama 29 first downs vs. 16 for Miss.

TOP 35:26 for Bama vs. 24:34 for Miss.

3rd down efficiency was 55% for Bama (11 of 40), 29% (4 of 14) for Miss.

Rushing yards: 215 Bama, 92 Miss.

Both teams had the same pass completion %: 54%

Bama had better stats in every category, except the one that cost them the game: 5 turnovers (2 fumbles, 3 interceptions), giving Miss a short field to work from.

Again, not saying Miss didn't win legitimately, but Miss was very fortunate to get that last interception because Bama was more than capable of winning the game at the end and had plenty of time to do so, despite of 4 prior turnovers and a 20 point deficit. In short, few teams could overcome 5 turnovers and still threaten to beat Miss from a 3 score deficit, mostly all in 1 quarter of play. That's impressive. Given the stats above, do you believe the result would have been the same had Bama done a better job of ball security?

I do think Chad Kelly is a better QB than Jake Coker at this point, but I personally think Bama has as good or better talent everywhere else, along with a better coach.

BTW, the NCAA is in Oxford, MS right now as we speak, investigating Ole Miss for possible recruiting violations. Who knows whether they'll uncover anything, but one has to wonder how they were able to land so many 5 star players in 2015. Somehow, they were able to lure a bunch of blue chip players, who had offers from everyone, to a school in Mississippi who hasn't won a championship title of any kind since the early 1960's, when they hadn't been able to get these players in the past. Not just regional players, mind you, but from all over the country. Either Ole Miss coeds are smoking hot, or Hugh Freeze is one helluva recruiter to sell Ole Miss over Bama, LSU, and Auburn... or something really fishy is going on.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 15:07
As I stated, "maybe not defensively". 
That's TWO straight years The Sip has beaten Saban. If Bammers couldn't get cranked up for that "revenge game", then I have to wonder how good Bama is this year. 

Ya know I ain't hating. If Bama was in the SEC East, they'd have it wrapped up. I'm not saying they're not "good", just not "Bama good". 
At Jawja, at College Station, home with LSU....dare I say Big Orange?? are going come gunning for them. 
At Sippy State and at Auburn. That's a dangerous schedule for anybody. 
I loved Bama against Wisconsin this year, but they just don't seem right. Easily a 3 loss season for Saban potentially.  

That Ohio State game last year made them seem vulnerable to me.  
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 16:22
Oh, I wouldn't at all be shocked to see them drop 3.

Then again, I also wouldn't be shocked to see them run the table. I will never count out a Nick Satan coached team no matter who they do or don't have. They consistently have an endless supply of blue chip players waiting in the wings.

That's the interesting thing about the SEC and the toll it takes on even its best teams any given year due to the gauntlet they have to endure. Anything can happen.

I didn't think Sip and Sip State would fall apart at the end of last year the way they did.

I also didn't think "the" Ohio State would beat either Bama or Oregon last year, I didn't think Notre Dame would beat LSU, and I damn sure didn't think TCU would beat Ole Miss, much less give them the complete beatdown they did. The past couple years especially have been weird and have proven conclusively that my college football predictions haven't been worth spit, so I've given up on making them and just sit back and enjoy the ride.Big Grin
Ted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2015 at 16:35
My "purdicktions" have been horrible, as well. 

Here Smokey....here boy!!  

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2015 at 07:05
Well Mark, Gators do love dog! Big Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2015 at 09:13
Mark, no offense taken! I'm hopeful of this years team. As Ted pointed out, they did well in the stats but fumblitus is not a typical ailment at Bama. Fundamentals have never been a problem like it was in sip game. Dropped passes, missed assignments, just sloppy play that isn't normal to Saban coached team. Could they run the table? Yes, could they get beat again absolutely! What I will say is this, had that team come back an beat Ol' Miss that would have been a game for the history books of Bama football. IMHO
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2015 at 09:16
They showed the character of a championship team, they never rolled over. That's something Saban will build on!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2015 at 10:32
Bama's schedule is LOADED potential "trap games". Brutal too be sure. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2015 at 11:43
Great....Got Big Orange coming into town and Treon Harris fails a drug test and star DB Jalen Tabor refuses to take test, thus gets suspended. 

REALLY?!!!??!! You didn't know you'd have to pee pee??? 

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2015 at 12:10
I tell ya, I'm always a'feared of Bama. I freakin hate LSU and have ever since I was a student at A&M during the Southwest Conference days, when their fans vandalized buildings on campus with purple spray paint and so many of them acted like total asshats. But for some reason, I don't hate Bama despite the beatdown we received from them last year. They seem to be able to take good-natured ribbing and normal homerism from opposing fans better than some other fan bases I've seen. Perhaps lots of winning does that to them.

Don't get me wrong; I'll always hope we somehow manage to beat the hell out of Bama every time we play 'em, as any fan would. When I put down the Maroon Koolaid and look at them just from the perspective of a football fan, however, I respect them immensely and I'll always worry about our games with them. They've earned respect, not only recently, but throughout their history. There's a good reason why the Steely Dan song "Deacon Blues" contains the lyrics:

They got a name for the winners of the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues

Ted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2015 at 13:34
I agree with ALL you stated, Ted. 

I know I shouldn't, but I love Bammers. Big Grin 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic