OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The OT College Football Thread....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 04:39
Ted is happy. Go Aggies.

So am I Temple kicked Penn State's butt!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 09:12
Good day. Saw a lot of teams play some and my beloved Gators play the entire game. Nice to see the Florida offense clicking, even if it was against lowly New Mexico State, but thee seems to be a different vibe this year, compared to the last few.

But...even today the media is reporting there's still a "QB conundrum" at Florida between last years starter, Treon Harris and red shirt Freshman phenom Will Grier. Really??? Loco

I think both QB's played a pretty good game, and in fairness, I can certainly see where yanking a guy out and putting him back in later like the coaching staff did with the two can be hard on a QB finding his groove, but the more the game went on, the more Mr. Grier separated himself from Mr. Harris. Clearly.....
Grier has a lightening quick release, great accuracy and was able to go through his progressions and read defenses, where Harris seemingly held on to the ball a bit too long and had trouble finding open receivers. Harris didn't have a bad game really, actually pretty good "statistically", it just seemed the game came easier to Will Grier.  
Grier did have a fumble for a loss and put the defense, which played great, in a bad position though. Don't get me wrong, I like Harris a lot. I think he's a great kid and super athlete, but Grier is The Man moving forward. The media can keep stirring the pot of conundrum all they want.... 

Shout out to Texas A&M yesterday and they rolled over Zona State. "The Chief" has the talented defense playing lights out. MUCHO improved from last years squad that frankly looked confused and out of position last year. The little I saw of that game, showed the defense SWARMING to the Sun Devil ball carrier on nearly every play. 
Myles Garret maybe the best defensive player in the country this year. He and Hall on the other end are gonna make a lot of offenses MISERABLE this year. They are absolute monsters and there isn't a better DE tandem in the country now. 

Running game got going better than last year from what I witnessed too. 
Carson looked good, from what I saw. 

SEC held their own yesterday. (And Thursday when the Lamecocks BARELY beat NC.) The Game Cocks have issues this year on both sides of the ball. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 09:16
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Myles Garret maybe the best defensive player in the country this year. 

Well....ONE OF the best defensive players in the country. But I digress.... Big Grin

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 12:08
Hopefully the Gators will continue to improve. Their much "discussed" O-Line actually played pretty well for youngsters. The "D" woke up in the second half. Might end up being a decent year after all. There is a different "air" about the team with the Chimp gone. More gooder! Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 13:25
Yes, Ric. The young O line played pretty well....against New Mexico State's defense. That position will be our Achilles heel this year I fear. 

Agree the defense looked better in second half too. I think they brought more pressure on the NMSU quarter back in the second half. 
Good to see LB Antonio Morrison back out there. Great story. Line backers are lacking this year. DB's are maybe the best Florida has ever had and that's saying a lot. Defensive lineman Cece Jefferson is gonna be a STAR....make that...super nova for Florida too.         
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 14:51
Roll Tide!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 15:32
Bama looked very "Bama-ish" against a good Wisconsin team. I think it's safe to say they'll continue to be a force to reckon with in the SEC West. No matter how many key players graduate/leave for NFL, they just seem to keep on keepin on with an endless supply of talent, without missing a beat!

Dammit!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2015 at 16:11
I was at the A&M - Zona State game last night. Great game! I was expecting a shoot out between two explosive offenses, but instead was pleasantly surprised to see a hard fought defensive battle. Chief has our guys salty this year, and the D line especially played well, with 9 sacks and 14 TFLs.

Keep an eye on freshman phenom Christian Kirk (WR), because that's a name you're gonna hear a lot more of. The kid is the real deal! Here he is showing his speed on a punt return TD.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/pdlgk

He also had a dazzling TD reception off a bubble screen from midfield that was as impressive, maybe more so, but I couldn't find a link to the highlight.

Keep in mind, he's a true freshman!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 16:21
Well, THE Ohio State looks like they are picking up where they left off. I went to bed earl, but they seemed to be driving most of the game, even missing some of their guys. "12 Gauge" is a hoss. 

They looked focused and fast, just like Urb's like 'em.    
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 17:00
And unfortunately, it appears they have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the season, so barring a major upset, I see them coasting to the playoffs again... unless the playoff committee penalizes them for soft SOS...but I don't see that happening, as they are the sports media darlings at the moment.
Ted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 17:19
Ted, did you see UCLA play at all? Freshman QB Josh Rosen, (remember that name) threw for 3-fitty-1 Saturday. I seem to recall The Queer Spear chasing him to go to Tallahassee. Big Grin 

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 17:53
UCLA= hotter b***h's better weather who would go to Florida?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 18:11
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

UCLA= hotter b***h's better weather who would go to Florida?

I know right? Only loser's go to Florida..... Wink

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 18:38

Not necessarily.

I don't have a horse in the fight just thinkin' what's on the plate.

I really don't care about either one.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 18:41
NFL SUCCESS.

Not

Forgot to say I absolutely love the " Old ball coach"!

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2015 at 21:29

Ted, did you see UCLA play at all? Freshman QB Josh Rosen, (remember that name) threw for 3-fitty-1 Saturday. I seem to recall The Queer Spear chasing him to go to Tallahassee. Big Grin 

No, I didn't see any of the UCLA game. I was hanging out with my girls all day prior to our game. I'll be watching for Rosen.
Ted

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2015 at 04:23

Well, THE Ohio State looks like they are picking up where they left off. I went to bed earl, but they seemed to be driving most of the game, even missing some of their guys. "12 Gauge" is a hoss. 

They looked focused and fast, just like Urb's like 'em.    

Who's Earl???

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2015 at 12:23
Oh heck.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2015 at 10:11
Man, really weird weekend in CFB, with a couple P5 ranked teams either getting a scare and/or beaten by FCS teams!

I can't believe Arky got beat by Toledo! Toledo?!!! AU dodged a bullet against Jacksonville State and needed OT to finally pull out the win, and they had to come from behind to put the game into OT to begin with! Missouri struggled to beat Arkansas State.

Weird weekend.

Still, as previous years have demonstrated it's hard to tell much about any team this early in the season, and the preseason rankings are usually bogus for the most part.
Ted

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2015 at 12:19
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Man, really weird weekend in CFB, with a couple P5 ranked teams either getting a scare and/or beaten by FCS teams!

I can't believe Arky got beat by Toledo! Toledo?!!! AU dodged a bullet against Jacksonville State and needed OT to finally pull out the win, and they had to come from behind to put the game into OT to begin with! Missouri struggled to beat Arkansas State.

Weird weekend.

Still, as previous years have demonstrated it's hard to tell much about any team this early in the season, and the preseason rankings are usually bogus for the most part.

Agreed! Man, I was a Jax St. fan Saturday! But in the closing minutes they decided to play not to lose instead of playing to win and it bite them in the butt. 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic