OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

$500 and a .257 Weatherby hunting rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elkins45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2015 at 07:48
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

In season?

😎

Yes, this was two years ago. I was referring to the rifle, not the rifle + the new scope. It hasn't even shipped yet.

Slightly off-topic: in the post above I typed "lazered" but autocorrect changed it to layered. This is the only forum I participate in that won't allow the user to edit a post after the fact.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2015 at 08:09
After 50 posts you can edit.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Elkins45 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elkins45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2015 at 21:56
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

After 50 posts you can edit.
Thanks. Only 28 posts to go!
Elkins45 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elkins45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2015 at 20:23
Just as an FYI: I bought the Vortex but immediately returned it as soon as I opened the box. Not made in Japan as I was told before ordering, but made in the Philippines. No thanks--I have yet to own a scope from there that didn't have either optical or mechanical problems within a year.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2015 at 06:52
I think you made a mistake returning the Vortex Viper!  I have 4 and all are spot on, clear and crisp with excellent turrets.

The Philippines produce excellent scopes when QCed properly!  Japan has been shifting production there themselves for a few years now.  It' the 'made in China'; ones you need to be concerned with!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2015 at 09:14
I agree with budperm. I have had some good experiences with both Burris and Nikon Monarchs made in the PI. It is all about QC.
Doug
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2015 at 11:15
Never had an issue with my vipers either.  Did have a crossfire give up the ghost but vortex made it right and upgraded me on the warranty..... their VIP warranty is excellent/
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2015 at 11:28
Vortex Customer Service is among the BEST!!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic