OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Seekins rings on EGW rail?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seekins rings on EGW rail?
    Posted: August/03/2015 at 12:19
Anyone running Seekins rings on an EGW rail? I wonder if the lug on the rings gets enough contact with the EGW rail since the lug is in the middle and the EGW rail has not much middle.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 14:13
Does the lug not go full width across the rail? I don't use those particular brand of rings, but every other brand I have goes across the entire top of the rail. And since I haven't heard any bad press against either brand about this I doubt it will be a problem. After all, several manufactures use an open middle design on their rails.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 14:19
I run Seekins on a Badger rail. ZERO problems. Though I haven't done so, I wouldn't think there are problems there. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 08:54
I am running both and have no issues.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 12:35
If you do run into any issues, it wouldn't be because of a Seekins part. They are fanatical about tolerances.
Reaction time is a factor...
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 14:21
Glad to hear it's working. I could not tell from pictures if the lug on the ring would give full contact out to the edges of the rail or not. 

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 15:58
I might be wrong on this.  But I believe if you get a EGW "HD" mount they have the lug all the way across.  It is their older/earlier/cheaper models that does not. 

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 16:08
Good catch. 

Once you go with Seekins, you won't want nothing else. 
('Cept maybe Talley LW's.) Big Grin
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 17:40
You might want to check out these words of wisdom from our Founder and Sponsor…

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 19:30
Unless I missed it, they don't make the HD for an A-Bolt WSSM. The standard EGW model is the only pic. rail I know of for the A-Bolt WSSM action. The odd-ball action is how I got into this. Did I mention it was LH? It's even LH.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 19:33
OH NO ONE OF THEM,

Cheaptrick this guy needs help!!!

😎
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 19:54
Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

OH NO ONE OF THEM,

Cheaptrick this guy needs help!!!

😎

I like him already. 
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2015 at 21:17
A member of a VERY exclusive club.......... One of US in our RIGHT minds! 
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 06:57
This probably isn't PC but I feel sorry for all those handi-capped shooters out there.... Light It Up
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 10:22
Just looking at some pics of my old 223 wssm.  I had a EGW rail with only the lugs on the edges and I used TPS and Seekins rings on it and it was just fine. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 17:22
Cool. I would go with TPS, but they're on backorder everywhere. I hear I can get the Seekins from SWFA if I hurry up and order. There I go.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 17:54
That's why I got off the TPS band wagon years ago. I love their rings, but the unbelievably long wait times, were just too hard to swallow.  
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2015 at 10:17
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

That's why I got off the TPS band wagon years ago. I love their rings, but the unbelievably long wait times, were just too hard to swallow.  

Same here.  Now it is Seekins, Talley, and Warne for me. 

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2015 at 12:35
Well, shoot. It appears the Seekins rings may not bear fully on the EGW light rail. The lug goes all the way on one side, but not the other. Close enough, though, I think.  Anyhow, here's some quick pics I took for future reference. (Yes, my tablet camera stinks.)

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2015 at 07:31
I will pull the rifle I'm running the set up on out and snap some pics tonight after work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic