OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

6.5 creedmore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6.5 creedmore
    Posted: July/24/2015 at 13:39
I want to buy a 6.5 creedmore just for target shooting.My chice is between 77v or the savage heavy barrel.Any ideads.

vr,

Roger
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 15:09
How much you willing to spend?

I like Savage myself, but sometimes they just need to be broke in and tinkered with to get to their potential. No experience with the Ruger 77.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 15:22

If $ wasn't a factor I'd go Ruger for the mauser style action. I don't like that Ruger rings and bases are so expensive so consider that also. For best potential accuracy both would need better stocks. Your caliber choice is a good one ballistically but, be sure you know availability of ammo and reloading components in your area.

Good luck with it!!

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 16:28
Ruger has a new sexy "precision rifle" in 6.5 creed that looks promising. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 16:29
Bang (pun intended) for buck to Savage, I think. The Savages have been killing it around my AO lately.    
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2015 at 11:48
Mark that is one sexy rifle right there! But its built for them other handed folks not us.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2015 at 12:38
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Mark that is one sexy rifle right there! But its built for them other handed folks not us.

Yeah, none for US, Mike. Savage probably has more options for us lefties than the others. More than Big Green offers fo show! 
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2015 at 07:35
If its just gonna be a Range gun, Savage model 12 LRP in 6.5 would be top bang for buck.
If your going more PRS or tatical style the new Ruger Precision Rifle  looks extremely promising.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2015 at 09:23
Ruger's new rifle is intended as an entry level rifle for precision rifle competitions. It interest me, but it's not something I have to have now.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 19:30
I recently picked up a Savage 12LRP 6.5 Creedmoor.  I love it.  It's a more "conventional" looking rifle.  The new ones all come with an HS Precision stock.  I'm not planing on changing it any time soon.  With such a heavy barrel it feels a little front heavy.  I kind of wish the butt was filled to balance it.  Mine is about 14.5# with scope.  I payed less than $1000 for the savage.  I think the Rugers are going for ~$1200. 
I don't know much about the Ruger except it looks cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic