OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Colonel Allen West

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colonel Allen West
    Posted: July/23/2015 at 08:31
HELL YEAH!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2015 at 10:04
I can see why the Democrats fought so hard to Gerrymander his district and make sure he was a one term Congressman. He was/is really dangerous for them. We NEED more like himSalute
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2015 at 11:34
+1000 BF. Col West got the green weanie... but he is not idle.  Soldiers
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2015 at 13:01

It's awesome, it's great, it's inspiring............. Its talk!!!

When is somebody with that clarity and the position and authority gonna take action to assembly the masses. And lead us back to the Nation or honor, Courage and Integrity that (I believed at the time) I served and gave my well being and health for???  I'll endure the pain and take up arms if asked/needed/allowed.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 09:11
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

It's awesome, it's great, it's inspiring............. Its talk!!!

When is somebody with that clarity and the position and authority gonna take action to assembly the masses. And lead us back to the Nation or honor, Courage and Integrity that (I believed at the time) I served and gave my well being and health for???  I'll endure the pain and take up arms if asked/needed/allowed.

While I agree with the general sentiment, in the case of Colonel Allen West, it ain't just talk. If you know anything about the man, he has not only "talked the talk," he's "walked the walk." He spent 20 years in the Army, achieving the rank of Lt. Colonel, and commanding the 2nd Batt, 20th Field Artillery, 4th Infantry. He served honorably in Desert Shield, Desert Storm, and the Iraq War, and is recipient of the Bronze Star, Meritorious Service Medal, and other decorations. He was relieved of his command for an "excessive use of force" incident while interrogating an Iraqi police officer he detained based on intelligence he received about a planned ambush. During the interrogation, the Iraqi police officer appeared to reach for his gun, and soldiers under West's command beat him while trying to subdue him. West fired his sidearm near the police officers head to let him know he would use deadly force if he fired at his men and that he needed information. It turned out that the police officer didn't have any actionable information. The Army didn't court-martial but instead fined him and relieved him of duty. Asked later if he would've handled things differently, West replied "if it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can."

West then ran for US House Rep seat for a Florida district, finally winning election in 2010. He served in the House from 2011 to 2013, when redistricting gerrymandering occurred and he was voted out. He is one of the chief reasons for the Tea Party movement. He has been VERY outspoken against government corruption, against liberal policies, and for conservative causes his entire career, and has never wavered. He tried to "assemble the masses" peaceably through the political process, but couldn't overcome lib voters.

The bottom line is it's "talk" in the right forums that wins over voters. Our side has to rely on influential voices and common sense "talk" like this to try to persuade people to not vote for leftists. "Talk" is required to win elections, without which, there is no action. Short of an armed coup, "talk" and the $ to make sure that "talk" gets heard is all we have. We have to win through the political process. What do we do if "our side" gets fewer votes? What do we do if those supposedly representing our views lies to us? We can only vote for those who actually run for office.

We can't overcome large masses of stupid voters.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 15:10

Point well made......... I don't know anything about him. This is the first I have heard of him and that bothers me. Men like him should be kept in the spot light by the NRA and every other conservative, Patriot, Constitution supporting organization out there. "Talk" is only as valuable as the action behind it. Your and my votes are worthless in a corrupt administrative structure. Yes, ofcourse I'll continue to vote but I have little confidence in it being counted. The administration as a whole needs to be cleansed and I know of nothing in place that is "enforceable". Unless our "conservative silent majority" is provided active accountable participation it is only amounts to a good pep "talk". Same thing with Trump. He makes himself richer by paying attention to marketing demand. Not media driven false data but solid research that is not tainted by "special interest" in any form. Then you apply it in small samples for further study. He was doing this well before he stepped in the ring. Is he serious about being president. I doubt it but, he has to be taken seriously because whatever his positions may be he will use obamuslims play book when it comes to doing what he wants to do. If anybody understands executive order its Trump. 

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 15:20
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

Point well made......... I don't know anything about him. This is the first I have heard of him and that bothers me. Men like him should be kept in the spot light by the NRA and every other conservative, Patriot, Constitution supporting organization out there.

Actually, all of the above HAVE kept him in the spotlight ever since he entered politics and continue to do so today. Again, he is one of the pioneers of the Tea Party movement. He's the read deal, and tried his best to move up the ranks in politics so he could make a difference. Since the sheep among us "can't handle the truth," he paid for his refreshing honesty by getting voted out of office because the media falsely painted him as a dangerous "extremist." The mainstream media always tries to silence or marginalize voices like his and those who either don't pay attention to politics or only rely on lib media sources for all their news believe everything they're told.
Ted

Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2015 at 15:39
See that's one thing that really gets me. For the "mainstream media" to accomplish anything somebody has to believe them. I don't trust anything they say and if anything would tend to look for anything opposite of what they say to be true. So is it the media that gets credit for putting him down or is it because our conservative silent majority is still so divided and poorly organized that we can't make a lasting stand. I have the heart and the will to stand, fight or whatever but I don't have the will to be a flash in the pan singled out and made an example of. And that is where most of us are. When I was in Iraq I made a significant difference for 29 soldiers. We carried out several missions successfully. In the overall scheme of the war we made no noticeable or lasting mark in history or the outcome. I know how easy it is to be used up and discarded. I have to believe that if I take action it will matter to those I give myself for. I think men like West have to have some confidence in that same way. We are soldiers who have no one to trust. That is how this administration has been so effective.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic