OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I can't live in a world....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can't live in a world....
    Posted: July/20/2015 at 17:58
....without.....

Anybody got a SITREP on Blue Bell?? 

What more do I have to endure now! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2015 at 18:08
What happened to the big recall?
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2015 at 18:12
There's nary a Blue Bell Sour Pop in my AO. 

Sgt Rifledude...UP!!!!! Furious
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2015 at 19:38
I understand that Blue Bell has opened back up, after a clean-up, and will, eventually, be shipping ice cream..

Get some Turkey Hill......  Bucky
Visit the Ed Show

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2015 at 20:03
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

I understand that Blue Bell has opened back up, after a clean-up, and will, eventually, be shipping ice cream..

Get some Turkey Hill......  Bucky

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2015 at 20:28

Have budperm send you some......  Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2015 at 20:30

" Eduardo remembers when you couldn't get Blue Bell unless you were standing in the State of Texas!! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2015 at 04:43
10-4 on the Turkey Hill!

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 07:17
Yep the Turkey Hill brand isn't too far from Blue Bell taste and quality.  And around here turkey hill's are as plentiful as 7-11s used to be.... Excellent
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 09:50
Here's the latest SITREP as I know it:

The main sources of the listeria contamination reported was found from condensation on cold overhead piping dripping down onto ice cream cartons headed for the production line and on pallets holding containers of ingredients. Blue Bell is revamping their production lines and upgrading their facility equipment and processes as a result of the findings. They are also upgrading their product testing procedures to make it easier to detect any potential contamination in the future.

Since listeria bacteria is everywhere in our environment, it's extremely difficult to prevent it from getting on surfaces inside food preparation facilities, especially since employees can easily transmit if from the outside to inside on their clothing. Many food preparation/production plants have the advantage of eliminating potential contamination by heat from pre-cooking processes. Ice cream production facilities of course pasteurize the incoming milk & cream to kill bacteria in the first process step, but the remaining processes are all cold, so they don't have the benefit of cooking to kill any potential bacteria, and listeria can survive freezing temps.

As for when Blue Bell ice cream will reappear in grocery stores, nobody knows for certain. Based on what I'm hearing, I wouldn't expect to see it in stores until maybe December or January at the earliest. They just started a limited production run in the Sylacauga, AL plant to verify their prevention processes are sound. The Broken Arrow, OK facility is supposed to relaunch production next, with the Brenham headquarters plant resuming production last.

This has hit our community HARD. Not only was this the first time in Blue Bell's 108 year history that they've ever laid off any employees, but the shutdown has hurt many local dairies and suppliers. Blue Bell is one of the largest employers in our area and the 2nd largest employer in Brenham. They are a good company who contributes a lot to the community. The impact on our local economy is made especially tough given the double whammy of the huge drop in oil & gas production and subsequent layoffs in those businesses either directly or indirectly related to energy. Two other major employers in Brenham have had recent massive layoffs as well, and this combination is devastating to Brenham, with a population of only 16,000.

I think Blue Bell will survive and come back strong, but until then, our little community is really hurting. I can tell you for certain that when Blue Bell ice cream does reappear, stores will have a hard time keeping it in stock, because it enjoys some very loyal customers. My family is one of them.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 09:52

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 11:10
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Ed, Ed, Ed... NO... these abuses of vision have to stop...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 13:04
 Bucky
Visit the Ed Show

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 14:13
Turkey Hill does NOT compare to Blue Bell. Are you all nuts?? Loco 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 14:19
When I lived in Kalifornia there was a Barbeque place in Bakersfield... TEXAS Bar-B-Que... they drove a refrigerated 18-wheeler/trailer to Texas once a month to pick up a truckload of Blue Bell.  They were ALWAYS busy.  We ate there a lot... sometimes just ice cream...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 14:30
IMHO, only select flavors of Haagen Dazs and good ol' fashioned home-made ice cream -- just like mom used to make it -- can compete with Blue Bell. And, I say that without any bias whatsoever.

Anybody who says otherwise obviously ain't got functionin' taste buds!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 14:34
When they are up and running again sign me up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 14:36
I had some Turkey Hill once and it wasn't even as good as Pet ice cream and that's BAD. All y'all Yankee's can't make good ice cream. 
Stick to making pastrami and rye sammichs....and cheese steaks. Stay in your lane! Wink 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 15:08
It's been so long since I've had any ice cream that store brands would taste good.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 17:21

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic