OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

G19 slide tricking out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2015 at 15:20
We machined a G35 slide today.

Here it is straight off the milling machine, before blasting and finishing. Again, the top rear is machined to accept a Trijicon RMR, direct-mounted with no separate base, for lower profile.

Next step -- black salt-bath nitriding to the original OEM finish.

If anyone is interested in having their slide machined, I can do virtually any skeletonizing design you want as long as it's not so radical that it compromises safety. Again, the above is pretty much a duplicate of the ZEV "Dragonfly RMR" design, except we would machine your slide instead of selling a complete replacement slide.

We will disassemble the slide assembly, machine, blast, refinish, and reassemble.

Send me a PM for pricing and to discuss design ideas if you're interested.

Edited by RifleDude - July/28/2015 at 09:26
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2015 at 16:45
Ted you do very nice work!

I just might have to purchase another Glock.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2015 at 17:08
Sargent Sexy at work.

You da man Ted.

👍
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2015 at 09:29
Here is the same slide after black nitride coating, (same as the original Glock finish)...

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2015 at 09:40

Ted was there any removal of mill marks from the rear site area or does the Nitride coating cover it?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2015 at 09:42
Ted, so ball park it for me...

How much to have the same thing done to my glock slide???
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2015 at 13:28
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Ted was there any removal of mill marks from the rear site area or does the Nitride coating cover it?

Blasting removes all mill marks.

The black Nitride isn't actually a coating in that there is no surface build-up. It's a heat treat (case hardening) process that diffuses nitrogen and carbon into the surface, and the chemical reaction turns steels black (iron nitride layer).
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2015 at 13:31
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Ted, so ball park it for me...

How much to have the same thing done to my glock slide???

PM me.

Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 12:25
OK, folks... as stated earlier, the possibilities for incorporating your ideas into these machined slides to create your own unique, personalized design are almost limitless.

For example, our good buddy Skylar McMahon just requested a very interesting design that I think really fits his personality well. Thanks for the idea, Sky Mac!

Ted

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 12:52
To ganstas  with LOVE...  Dirty Harry
--Thomas Jefferson

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 15:11
Is Sky a closet...................oh never mind.

Laugh

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 15:17
Ah..that's precious. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 20:02
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

OK, folks... as stated earlier, the possibilities for incorporating your ideas into these machined slides to create your own unique, personalized design are almost limitless.

For example, our good buddy Skylar McMahon just requested a very interesting design that I think really fits his personality well. Thanks for the idea, Sky Mac!

Man THAT"S JUST WRONG!  Roll on Floor Laughing
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2015 at 23:34
You nailed bud. Geeks in honor of my mom's cancer I figured a punk Gluck would be an ideal way to show support.

It's fabuuuullllooooiuuuusssssss!
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 01:43
I was going to make some snide comment on the pink slide until I read what it was for.  Kudos to you for thinking about it.  Excellent
I'm thinking now about how to get Mom's Kahr 40 away from her to get a breast cancer ribbon on the slide.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 06:21
Man just when I was going to say something about it being pink and not rainbow colored....  Bucky

--Thomas Jefferson

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 08:57

After posting, I think I should clear the air on something.  Rifledude and I are great friends and with that, there is a level of poking fun and ribbing each other.

Cancer is no joking matter at all, but I took a moment to make light of a personal heavy matter, then added my flamboyant comment. RD was clearly messing with me and I threw him a hard curve which I shouldn't have done on such a serious subject, because it has negatively touched so many lives.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 17:58
Shocked  sensitive aren't we!!!!  Is it that time....?

Hope she is well!
--Thomas Jefferson

sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 18:58
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

After posting, I think I should clear the air on something.  Rifledude and I are great friends and with that, there is a level of poking fun and ribbing each other.

Cancer is no joking matter at all, but I took a moment to make light of a personal heavy matter, then added my flamboyant comment. RD was clearly messing with me and I threw him a hard curve which I shouldn't have done on such a serious subject, because it has negatively touched so many lives.

Understood.  I didn't get the inside joke at first.  It DID look like a great present for a gun loving cancer survivor.  Cancer has touch many lives myself included.  My mother beat breast cancer about 10 years ago.  I've already chatted with Rifledude about a slide (thanks by the way).

I have a strange sense of humor too.  When Mom got her mastectomy she was destroyed.  Trying to maker feel better but not knowing what to do, I got her a trucker hat with big boobs on it and told her now she will always have them when she needs them.  She laughed hysterically and made her feel better.

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2015 at 19:20
Sky, she will be in our prayers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic