OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope base and rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope base and rings
    Posted: July/09/2015 at 08:16

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11HOGHUNTER

I just bought this rifle and would like your opinion on a good set of rings and bases .I am not sure what kind of scope yet ,but I will mainly use this rifle for target shooting.

VR,

Roger

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2015 at 08:24
Talley Light Weights....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2015 at 10:02
Yep I have them on all 4 of my Savages!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

silvrjeepr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvrjeepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2015 at 15:57
I own a set of Talley light weights, and they do exactly what they're designed to do. They're a doggone tough set of rings, and I doubt I'll ever have a need to take them off of that rifle. That being said, I tried a set of Burris signature rings on my latest project and absolutely love them. I spent a few extra bucks on the set of assorted insert sizes also. After MUCH tinkering, I was able to sight the scope in at 6 clicks down and 4 clicks to the right from dead center. About 150 rounds and one hunting season later, the scope has not moved a bit.
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. -- Mark Twain
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2015 at 15:29
I'd go with the unitized DNZ mount. They are plenty strong, light, make mounting easier and look at home on the Savage rifles.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2015 at 05:23
DNZ have the crossbar linking the rings and causes interference during blind mag loading. 
DNZ's cost more too!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic