OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hammers 3-9 x32 rifle scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basshammer5x4x3x2x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hammers 3-9 x32 rifle scope
    Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:21
I've read too many reviews about shooters that will only endorse high dollar scopes and every post is about the fact that Leuy's and Swartchy's is the answer and every other manufacturer makes junk and the optics is what you are buying, I'm like the rest of you served my time in Vietman, I've leterally owned hundreds of rifles and have hand loaded tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. What got me interested in this forum was the question about Hammers rifle scopes everyone posted that they were junk, I wish you could see with your own eyes the groups I'm shooting with a Hammers 3-9 x 32 rifle scope, I wish you could see and compare the quality and craftsmanship of these scopes, This scope is built like a tank, The adjustments are so fine that you can literally move your point of impact a 64 of an inch at 250 yards and the optics are so fine that you can see and count the mustache hairs of a mouses nose at 250 yards, My Luey Scope is a 4-12 x 40 mounted on a Ruger No 1, 6mm we shoot ground hogs in a sheep pasture, From where we shoot it's 450 yards to the west and 350 yards to the east and to the north there is a hill 200 yards long x 60 feet high 150 yards right in front of us, we play call shot, for a dollar a shot. I shot a Ground hog with my Remington 700 ADL .243 caliber with the Hammers 3-9 x 32 scope, @ 457 measured yards I called the shot on the nose when 5 of us examined the the shot i got part of the nose and the upper jaw, This did not amaze any of us what got everyone was this shot was made through the forks of a hay rake that was setting 200 yards out directly in front of the only shot i could take, This was not an accident, the optics on this scope are perfect and all of the adjustments are perfect, Two of the other guy's have replaced their Luey's with Hammers scopes and my 6 mm Ruger no 1 now has a Hammers Tactical 4-12 x 40 scope on it and @ 500 yards I can group 10 shots in a dime, I put the $400 dollar Luey on My Benjamin .22  pellet rifle and after 5 shots the guts were ripped out of it, I bought another Hammers 3-9 32AO and I can group 10 shots in a quarter @ 50 yards and after 500 shots I have not had to make any adjustments, The pellet rifle fell 5 feet off the front porch and landed on the side of the scope on a small pile of rocks, I was pissed because I was thinking here we go again, There is a dent in the tube and it never lost POI. Use what you want but know this your spending way too much for your optics, For the price of one Lewy all 5 of us have now changed our scopes to Hammers on 9 rifles and not one of us are dissatisfied with the decision, My buddy Jeff just got back from Montana, He shoots a $3000.00 Custom Ruger bolt action rifle in 6 mm, He's using a 4-12 X 56 MM Hammers scope, He shot Prairie Dogs @ 400 to almost 800 yards and he swore to all of us that he never missed a head shot. I'm not going to argue with you die hards about this and after i post this I'm cancelling Opticstalk, "You know some people have more money than sense". And "some of us have more skill than money"....... And "some people don't make any sense at all" !!!!!! Loco Whacko Excellent
The Shooter
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:39
👀    
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:39
BS FlagTroll

Hopefully this topic will just get deleted. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 10:40
Indeed!

silvrjeepr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvrjeepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 11:05
Well I'm very impressed that you can put 10 shots into a dime at 500 yards. I suggest you enter some shooting competitions as you should do very well. I'm not familiar with Leuy's or Lewy's, but if the scope on your pellet gun was a leupold, then I'll be more than happy to take if off your hands in whatever condition it happens to be in. I'll hang on to my Conquests and HD5's for now since they're already paid for and seem to work well for my eyes. Glad to hear you found a scope that works well for you.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 11:24
You are absolutely correct with this statement.  " And "some people don't make any sense at all" !!!!!! Loco Whacko Excellent"
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:11

Originally posted by basshammer5x4x3x2x basshammer5x4x3x2x wrote:

I've read too many reviews about shooters that will only endorse high dollar scopes and every post is about the fact that Leuy's and Swartchy's is the answer and every other manufacturer makes junk and the optics is what you are buying, I'm like the rest of you served my time in Vietman, I've leterally owned hundreds of rifles and have hand loaded tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. What got me interested in this forum was the question about Hammers rifle scopes everyone posted that they were junk, I wish you could see with your own eyes the groups I'm shooting with a Hammers 3-9 x 32 rifle scope, I wish you could see and compare the quality and craftsmanship of these scopes, This scope is built like a tank, The adjustments are so fine that you can literally move your point of impact a 64 of an inch at 250 yards and the optics are so fine that you can see and count the mustache hairs of a mouses nose at 250 yards, My Luey Scope is a 4-12 x 40 mounted on a Ruger No 1, 6mm we shoot ground hogs in a sheep pasture, From where we shoot it's 450 yards to the west and 350 yards to the east and to the north there is a hill 200 yards long x 60 feet high 150 yards right in front of us, we play call shot, for a dollar a shot. I shot a Ground hog with my Remington 700 ADL .243 caliber with the Hammers 3-9 x 32 scope, @ 457 measured yards I called the shot on the nose when 5 of us examined the the shot i got part of the nose and the upper jaw, This did not amaze any of us what got everyone was this shot was made through the forks of a hay rake that was setting 200 yards out directly in front of the only shot i could take, This was not an accident, the optics on this scope are perfect and all of the adjustments are perfect, Two of the other guy's have replaced their Luey's with Hammers scopes and my 6 mm Ruger no 1 now has a Hammers Tactical 4-12 x 40 scope on it and @ 500 yards I can group 10 shots in a dime, I put the $400 dollar Luey on My Benjamin .22  pellet rifle and after 5 shots the guts were ripped out of it, I bought another Hammers 3-9 32AO and I can group 10 shots in a quarter @ 50 yards and after 500 shots I have not had to make any adjustments, The pellet rifle fell 5 feet off the front porch and landed on the side of the scope on a small pile of rocks, I was pissed because I was thinking here we go again, There is a dent in the tube and it never lost POI. Use what you want but know this your spending way too much for your optics, For the price of one Lewy all 5 of us have now changed our scopes to Hammers on 9 rifles and not one of us are dissatisfied with the decision, My buddy Jeff just got back from Montana, He shoots a $3000.00 Custom Ruger bolt action rifle in 6 mm, He's using a 4-12 X 56 MM Hammers scope, He shot Prairie Dogs @ 400 to almost 800 yards and he swore to all of us that he never missed a head shot. I'm not going to argue with you die hards about this and after i post this I'm cancelling Opticstalk, "You know some people have more money than sense". And "some of us have more skill than money"....... And "some people don't make any sense at all" !!!!!! Loco Whacko Excellent

Being the polite person that I am, I will simply say "you, sir, are full of "hogwash"."

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:24

"Mr President....Sir...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Sir...but....basshammer is cancelling his Optics Talk!"
"Yes Sir...I feel we should move immediately to DEFCON 1!"  

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SEMO Shooter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEMO Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:33
Wow.  If a scope has fine enough turret adjustments to make a 1/64" correction at 250 yards, it would need to have 1/160" or .00625" clicks at 100 yards.  That is really fine adjustment!
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 14:56

I call BS.

(It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.)
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:03
Originally posted by basshammer5x4x3x2x basshammer5x4x3x2x wrote:

I wish you could see with your own eyes the groups I'm shooting with a Hammers 3-9 x 32 rifle scope 

Yep, me too. Big Grin
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:10
I'd keep it around for entertainment value. Amazing what happens when the scope owner drinks too much, gets in a fight and gets dropped 5 feet off the front porch onto his head.
Reaction time is a factor...
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:47
Instead of going out and mowing the lawn, I thought I'd push a pencil...
10 shots into a dime at 500 yards turns out to be a group size less than 1/10th moa.

Dang. I'm humbled by my ignorance.
I had no idea that an off- the- shelf Ruger #1 would trounce an unlimited class benchrest rifle.

-------------------------
dime= .705" dia.
.705" - .243" (group center-center)= .462"/5 (for 100 yds) = .0924"/1.047"(1 moa)= .088 moa

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 15:57
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Instead of going out and mowing the lawn, I thought I'd push a pencil...
10 shots into a dime at 500 yards turns out to be a group size less than 1/10th moa.

Dang. I'm humbled by my ignorance.
I had no idea that an off- the- shelf Ruger #1 would trounce an unlimited class benchrest rifle.

-------------------------
dime= .705" dia.

.705" - .243" (group center-center)= .462"/5 (for 100 yds) = .0924"/1.047"(1 moa)= .088 moa

And he knows someone who has a $3,000.00 Ruger custom bolt action that shoots PD's @ 800 yards!

Forgot to say Mr. Barnum was absolutely correct.

Edited by Peddler - June/29/2015 at 16:02

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 16:09
Now I'm feeling extra bad... just thinking my poor old eyes might not even be able to see a groundhog at 500 yds. with only a 9X.

On the bright side (misery loves company,) all of you guys that ponied up for a Tubb 2000 in 6XC must be feeling even worse, thinking about those magnificent Ruger #1 shooters whippin' yer tails.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 17:30
Wow! It's a damn shame basshammer is canceling his OT account, as I'd sure love to learn more from someone so awesome!

I'm really glad I don't own one of those Hammers scopes with the .006" click value. I'd get carpal tunnel syndrome just during initial zero from spinning my W/E knobs the 3000 clicks required to do it!

...On second thought, I believe I'd suffer that massive inconvenience if it meant owning one of these marvels of optical and mechanical perfection enabled me to shoot dime sized groups @ 500 yds! I'd dominate every shooting competition I entered, and I'd be as internationally famous and wealthy as basshammer obviously must be. Then, I could quit my day job and earn my living from shooting!

...AND, as a delicious bonus, I'd be able to talk copious amounts of sh** in the process as I smoked everyone with their expensive precision rifles with my Ruger #1! I'd be as famous as basshammer!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 17:43
Ted, maybe it should be asshammer!

Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2015 at 22:53
WOW, this guy has just raised the bar on BS.
silvrjeepr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvrjeepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2015 at 11:03
Here I was trying to be polite. You guys are hilarious.  Laugh Above

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2015 at 13:42
Laugh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic