OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

South Carolina Flag....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: South Carolina Flag....
    Posted: June/23/2015 at 12:21
Hmmmm.....

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 13:17
I like the Sabal palm / moon better.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 13:55
It just occurred to me that after all these MANY years that flag has been flying in Columbia, it takes a REPUBLICAN female Gov to take it down?? 

Not even the former His Excellency Fritz Hollings in his.....(cough)...39 YEAR at the trough as South Carolina's Gov, managed to pull this off. 

Strange times were living in, friends. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 13:56
I don't care ONE LICKITY SQUAT if the flag stays or goes.....For the record. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 14:10
This just in....

Virginia Gov bans all images of Confederate flag from state license plates. Stare 
Mexican flags are still OK, I guess? 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 16:56
Earnest Hollings (democrat) was governor when it was hung up at the State housee...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 16:59
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Earnest Hollings (democrat) was governor when it was hung up at the State housee...

I didn't know this. 
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 18:05
So when are we going to tackle the really important problems in this country?
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 18:35

Visit the Ed Show

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 18:44
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

So when are we going to tackle the really important problems in this country?

Really! Loco The inmates are running the asylum. 
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 19:05
It's almost worse than that.

Very ugly!!!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2015 at 21:05

" Flash Forward to the Future.  America.  The year: TWO THOUSAND and FIFTEEN A.D....America is being run by a Communist President who divides the Country up so that the various ethnic groups are at each other's throat...."   

Visit the Ed Show
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2015 at 11:49

It is very significant!! Proof that the "Son's and Daughter's of the confederacy" are dying out. And that the populas is losing interest in the heritage of the nation. Yes hate groups adopted it as their symbol but that certainly wasn't its origin. It carried stars and strips in respect to the founding morals and colonies of our nation. In truth it is representative of people who where willing to fight for what they believed in and against what most of them felt was an imposing out of control government. Slavery was a major part of the conflict but, by no means the whole. My ancestors had no slaves and I have no clue what their thinking on slavery was. But I do know they fought in the confederacy because Union forces burned their homes, farms and stole their livelihood.

The point over all is, this is one of those subtle wins for the liberal agenda and a perfect example of how they are inch by inch destroying our heritage and nation. As the patriotic, conservative, moral Christian base dies out and becomes less able to be heard the imposing world order becomes even bolder. You may not give a hoot from a personal perspective but don't think it isn't a major loss of all our freedom......

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2015 at 12:32
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

You may not give a hoot from a personal perspective but don't think it isn't a major loss of all our freedom......

Not sure if this was directed at what I said, Sarge, but all I meant is that for ME personally, I don't have a Southern heritage, as you and others do. I'm a carpetbagger. Big Grin  
Too me....the flag is a piece of history. I, on one hand applaud the Confederacy for seceding, as was their right to do so in the Constitution, and to fight against the infringement of the federal government on states rights. 
On the other hand, I abhor the enslavement of any people, so I'm stuck in the middle somewhere. I don't have an investment either way if it stays or goes. I'd rather put it to a state wide vote and let the majority rule on it, instead of NY and California based news media people holding a gun to our head and making the decision for us...but whatever. If taking down the Confederate flag would end racism in South Carolina, I'd be all for it, but that goes BOTH ways. 

As a white, Christian, male, tax payer, I guess I'm tired of being told to "get over" the daily barrage of trash that has become our staple here in the US news outlets. I face a militant gay marriage, transvestite, minority, bleeding heart advocates telling me to suck it up all day, every day, as they ride rough shod over this country daring me to say one thing adverse to their cause(s).

I'm tired of all it. It's someone else's turn to "get over it".  

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2015 at 12:56
I agree with most of what Sgt. D said.
Locally what's happening: Kentucky Senators say the confederate flag should be removed from the State House. Really?! It's not our State, it's not our business. They think the statue of Jefferson Davis should be removed from the Ky. State Capitol. Why is it there in the first place? Ky. wasn't part of the confederacy officially. It should be down at the Jefferson Davis monument in Todd county where he was born. The local NAACP wants the State Fair Board to ban all confederate flags from the Fair. OK, now your violating the First Amendment, but that's OK for liberals to do.
The confederacy is part of my heritage, but then so is the union. There is an old and forgotten family cemetery that I once saw with both confederate and union soldiers from the Civil War buried there. I have ancestors that were slave owners and ancestors that were not, but I don't see how that makes me a racist. I do know that there blacks, and whites that I consider my friends and think the world of them. I also know that the only black people I didn't like were individuals that made me not like them, and that goes for whites too. Now if someone thinks that makes me a racist, then they should look in a mirror and call the person they see a racist.
That is my First Amendment guaranteed opinion.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2015 at 13:00
No Sir... Not directed at anyone's comments. I'm partly responding on some views I've heard locally, more or less asking "who cares?". For the "now" generation they are more familiar with the hate imagery of the flag, not its true heritage. Simply because the libs have purged our schools of the what and why's of our history. I can appreciate their ignorance but not excuse it. But I do realize that this was inevitable and just a matter of time. You mentioned that if taking down the flag would end racism you'd  be all for it. I would also but we both know that it really doesn't have any impact on racism other than a point of contention. If racism in this case is solely between blacks and whites then I am confident that all would agree that the black population is keeping it alive more than the white. In dealing with gov agencies I experience discrimination far more than any other race. But I have no desire to pull the race card and subsequently I have to work harder to accomplish the same tasks. I was old enough in the sixties to recognize and remember the segregation and discrimination. I didn't agree with or like it then and don't today. But today it is reversed and they still pull the card at every opportunity. There are simply too many people out there with nothing better to do than jump on the nearest racism ban wagon. Like you, I have had enough of this manure and will be sooo glad when I don't have to hear or deal with it anymore.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2015 at 13:00
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

You may not give a hoot from a personal perspective but don't think it isn't a major loss of all our freedom......

Not sure if this was directed at what I said, Sarge, but all I meant is that for ME personally, I don't have a Southern heritage, as you and others do. I'm a carpetbagger. Big Grin  
Too me....the flag is a piece of history. I, on one hand applaud the Confederacy for seceding, as was their right to do so in the Constitution, and to fight against the infringement of the federal government on states rights. 
On the other hand, I abhor the enslavement of any people, so I'm stuck in the middle somewhere. I don't have an investment either way if it stays or goes. I'd rather put it to a state wide vote and let the majority rule on it, instead of NY and California based news media people holding a gun to our head and making the decision for us...but whatever. If taking down the Confederate flag would end racism in South Carolina, I'd be all for it, but that goes BOTH ways. 

As a white, Christian, male, tax payer, I guess I'm tired of being told to "get over" the daily barrage of trash that has become our staple here in the US news outlets. I face a militant gay marriage, transvestite, minority, bleeding heart advocates telling me to suck it up all day, every day, as they ride rough shod over this country daring me to say one thing adverse to their cause(s).

ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2015 at 13:21
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I, on one hand applaud the Confederacy for seceding, as was their right to do so in the Constitution, and to fight against the infringement of the federal government on states rights. 

^^^^Amen on this. In spades!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2015 at 08:26
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

" Flash Forward to the Future.  America.  The year: TWO THOUSAND and FIFTEEN A.D....America is being run by a Communist President who divides the Country up so that the various ethnic groups are at each other's throat...."   

That is exactly what American Big Business has been doing to their employees since the Industrial Revolution.....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2015 at 13:52
Getting back to the Confederate battle flag.
Over the past few days I have heard a bunch of reasons for getting rid of the flag (mostly from people not from the south), and some reasons on why it should be kept. Heritage and history are the most frequent reasons given. Then I was listening to a conservative yankee talk show host asking why did southerners choose the confederate battle flag as a symbol of the south. I thought for a minute, and then it hit me like a brigade of rebel soldiers charging across an open field in Gettysburg Pa.. Now I'm not a Stars and Bars waver, wearer, or displayer, but I am a southerner at heart. Even if it is from southern Kentucky. Why do we southerners identify with the confederate battle flag (a.k.a. the Rebel flag) instead of the confederate flag, or some other symbol? It's about attitude. With little chance of winning a war fought in the name of States' Rights the south went ahead and fought and came close to winning, instead of giving up. Out numbered, and out produced, but not out fought until attrition took it's toll, the south would not give up. They had to be beaten into surrender (not submission) by the north. The confederate soldiers were known as rebels by the north, and they fought under the confederate battle flag, also known as the Rebel flag by the north. With the way the south was miss treated by the north after war, the south resented the north and clung to the Rebel Flag to show their distaste for the the north. After time, the Rebel flag has come to mean many things to many different groups, and not all of them good, but to a southerner the Rebel flag means "I live by a code, I will fight for what I believe in, I won't give up, and you can defeat my body but not my spirit". I think this is what the confederate battle flag means to southerners, even though many don't realize it. It's not about hate, or slavery, or racism. It is about a history of heritage, and attitude.
Would you like a piece of pecan pie and a glass of sweet tea, or did you come for the can of whoop ass?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic