OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I think the Chinese are catching up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2015 at 19:26
Hi, Slap! 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2015 at 21:53
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Originally posted by Peddler Peddler wrote:

Hard to believe!

Loco

Peddler, you've got some real gems on this thread my friend!  Nice work.  

Oh Peddler! Says it aint true.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 05:10

Hard to believe!

Loco

Sorry that's not me. I have never even visited that site.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 05:14
Raider,

Read my signature!!!

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 05:20

Hard to believe!

Loco

I read all that crap and knew it wasn't you... there have been too many "opportunities" for you to present such views, or even approach such views.  You would have to be the best actor on earth... and if so, you are WAY underpaid...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 06:43

Hard to believe!

Loco

Laugh 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 10:03
OOPS!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 10:10
Big Grin

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 10:45
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Hard to believe!

Loco

I read all that crap and knew it wasn't you... there have been too many "opportunities" for you to present such views, or even approach such views.  You would have to be the best actor on earth... and if so, you are WAY underpaid...

Quite a few pretenders around here. 

Back to the OP, I thought it was common knowledge that the vast majority of internals, and an ever increasing % of glass is Asian, and any low price point offering from anyone, including the big boys, is ever increasingly Chinese.  At least Zeiss doesn't hide it with the Terra binoculars.   
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 11:57
Indeed.....lots of folks "talkin out their azzz", right? 
Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 12:12
Maybe Raider should stick to posting VERY cool pictures of game animals and firearms, (which he does, on occasion) and leave the  verbal "crossing of swords" to the better equipped. 

It doesn't seem to be his strong suit.....

"A prisoner of the white lines on the freeway"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 12:18

Such as? 

Seems to me that immediately after a failed "gotcha" attempt ain't exactly the right timing to level accusations at anyone.

Back to the OP, I thought it was common knowledge that the vast majority of internals, and an ever increasing % of glass is Asian, and any low price point offering from anyone, including the big boys, is ever increasingly Chinese.  At least Zeiss doesn't hide it with the Terra binoculars.

"Vast majority of internals?" Depends on the price point, the manufacturer, and what all you lump into the category of "internals." At what point does a majority become a "vast majority," and the majority of what? Scopes? Binos? Spotters? All of the above? Below what price point? "Internals" only, or the externals too? Unless you have inside info, very few of the optics companies are going to reveal that info to the consumer.

"Ever increasing % of glass is Asian..." True, but the discussion here is specifically Chinese, and "Asian" covers a lot of ground, much of which isn't China.

"At least Zeiss doesn't hide it with the Terra binoculars." What optics company is hiding it?

If your point is simply that more optics are manufactured either in whole or in part in China now than in the past, well, nobody disagrees with that. The same can be said for all consumer goods too. 

The point of the OP was that the Chinese are putting out higher quality than in years past, and that's true only to the extent that a given manufacturer outsourcing goods to China is committed to it being true. There is good stuff coming out of China, and there's absolute crap coming out of China. Everything is made to a set of specs and design goals, regardless of manufacturing origin.

Edited by RifleDude - March/28/2015 at 12:25
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 12:39
Ah yes...Timing. 
It's importance really can't be overstated or under appreciated when waging "smartassery". 
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 12:54
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Such as? 

Seems to me that immediately after a failed "gotcha" attempt ain't exactly the right timing to level accusations at anyone.

"Vast majority of internals?" Depends on the price point, the manufacturer, and what all you lump into the category of "internals." At what point does a majority become a "vast majority," and the majority of what? Scopes? Binos? Spotters? All of the above? Below what price point? "Internals" only, or the externals too? Unless you have inside info, very few of the optics companies are going to reveal that info to the consumer.

"Ever increasing % of glass is Asian..." True, but the discussion here is specifically Chinese, and "Asian" covers a lot of ground, much of which isn't China.

"At least Zeiss doesn't hide it with the Terra binoculars." What optics company is hiding it?

If your point is simply that more optics are manufactured either in whole or in part in China now than in the past, well, nobody disagrees with that. The same can be said for all consumer goods too. 

The point of the OP was that the Chinese are putting out higher quality than in years past, and that's true only to the extent that a given manufacturer outsourcing goods to China is committed to it being true. There is good stuff coming out of China, and there's absolute crap coming out of China. Everything is made to a set of specs and design goals, regardless of manufacturing origin.

No schittt Sherlock?  Brilliant observation.   
daveco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 13:03
I remember, as a kid, anything stamped, "Made in Japan", was considered junk.  
The Chinese will continue to adopt improved technology to meet customer needs.

Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 13:16
Originally posted by daveco daveco wrote:

I remember, as a kid, anything stamped, "Made in Japan", was considered junk.  
The Chinese will continue to adopt improved technology to meet customer needs.

I agree 100% on your first comment, but not so much on the second. I doubt Chicom's will ever compete with German's or the Japs on a quality level. 
The Chinks may get better, but so will the other's.  
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 13:25
Originally posted by Voodoo6 Voodoo6 wrote:

Maybe Raider should stick to posting VERY cool pictures of game animals and firearms, (which he does, on occasion) .....

Just for you Voodoo6

Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 13:41

Originally posted by Voodoo6 Voodoo6 wrote:

Maybe Raider should stick to posting VERY cool pictures of game animals and firearms, (which he does, on occasion) .....

Just for you Voodoo6

A beauty!! What'd he score? 
Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 13:43
I'm gonna guess a....220?  
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2015 at 13:47
Very good!  229" gross.  Lotsa mass.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic