OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Photo Contest #13 (March, 2015) -- GUNS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 09:57
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Sorry Ted But Skylar's shot brings up hunts from the old days. Along with stories that need to be told. All shades of brown except the green call in the center.

There is one story that landed my Grandpa in the papers. He and a friend were out duck hunting on the Arkansas River in Ozark Arkansas and while in a boat early one morning waiting on the birds to fly in, they preparing.

Later that morning as the ducks and geese made their decent from all directions, my grandpa pulled up to shoot and then his buddy did the same, however in this case, barrels were crossed and his friend shot and hit the side of the barrel. Now there small dent in the side of the barrel from that successful cold foggy morning in Arkansas while two men were duck hunting.

I can't tell you why, but that is a story that I heard from my step-dad and aunt made the local news. They both have explained to me, that this story was shar3ed in the Ozark Spectator. I guess they possibly have a hunting or sports column where stories are shared with others in the community, but that was a different era in time. Some of you guys remember the big steel American classics that used to be on the road and being able to leave your keys in the car, back when you didn't have to worry about laying in bed recalling whether you locked your front door or not...a simpler time.

When Ted started the new contest, this is exactly what I wanted to use as my subject. I toyed with another idea, but I felt that reflecting on times past made a much better subject matter.

I hope you guys like it as much as I enjoyed it.
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 09:59
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Well since I've still got today, I hope to finally have a photo in by this evening. May not be a winner, but I think it will be interesting.

Sweet! Post it Lynn.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 15:59
Last day to get your contest entries in before the poll is created.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 18:01
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 19:09
That's nice, very nice and very nicer!!!

👍. 👍. 👍

I like the Schnabels!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 20:58
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 21:01

Figured I take a stab at it. This is the last piece acquired in my Dad's Winchester collection. Mine now, He sure loved his Winchesters.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 21:03

Well it's taken me a while to get it posted, but here it is.

It's not much of a picture, but the grenadier that was loading his magazines had to go to mail call, but will be right back.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 21:40
Great job, guys! Thanks for participating in the photo contest! You guys need to participate more often from this point forward! Some good thought went into those!!!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 23:38
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2015 at 23:46
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2015 at 08:32
Originally posted by coyote95 coyote95 wrote:

OK, I got to know. What are the 3 O/U shotguns
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2015 at 08:53
Thank you to all who participated! Great job, everyone!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2015 at 09:16
Well, at least I'm ahead in the polls right nowBig Grin
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2015 at 09:29
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Thank you to all who participated! Great job, everyone!

100% agree. Thank you guys. This was one of the highest participation contest we have had.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2015 at 10:18
Great Guns , everyone ! Excellent        BeltFed , the shotguns are made by Beretta. From L to R is a model 686 Silver Pigeon 1 in 28gauge , 686 SP S in 20 gauge and a 687 SP 2 in 12 gauge.
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2015 at 17:02

Way cool.

Care to share some of the specs Lynn?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2015 at 06:17
it goes bangy-bang really fast.... Wink
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2015 at 07:22
Kinda like Peddler with a hot redhead??? Just sayin'.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2015 at 08:19

Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic