OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR 2.5-10 X 42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR 2.5-10 X 42
    Posted: July/19/2006 at 11:59
Does the Tactical 2.5-10X42 Valdada scope have AO?
David View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2006 at 15:03

Originally posted by Rusty Rusty wrote:

Does the Tactical 2.5-10X42 Valdada scope have AO?

No Sir.  You will have to step up to the 4-14X50 Tactical, which has a side PA.

ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2006 at 18:44

Scopes with 10x magnification dont need adjustable objetive

(only if you shoot at very close range with an air rifle the AO be needed..) 

Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2006 at 11:14
HUH?  
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2006 at 13:45
Originally posted by ots03 ots03 wrote:

Scopes with 10x magnification dont need adjustable objetive

(only if you shoot at very close range with an air rifle the AO be needed..) 

You sure about that, Brother??

The 10x SS comes in both rear and side focus.

Others as well.

Did you mean something else or do I need to lay off the cough syrup again?? 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2006 at 17:31

Adjustable objetive (or paralax corrector), is not needed is scopes of 10X OR LESS (you can see..there are tons of 3-9x WITHOUT AO...

Most of scopes with 10x or less are paralax free ( read: the paralax is minimum at 100 yards or more, so you dont need another part to broke..), With 10X OR LESS you only need paralax corrector when you shoot at very close ranges ( like airgun shooters ) anyway...if you put the cheek ALWAYS in the same position.....THE PARALAX NEVER EXIST !!!!

IOR tactical is a rugged tactical scope and with the magnifications offered (2.5-10x) the paralax corrector is more a problem (more parts...more fragile the scope and more thinks to worry about..)..REMEMBER..in tactical shooting "KEEP THE SCOPE SIMPLE" ..AS YOU CAN.

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2006 at 18:54
I don't want to seem rude, but what ever it is you do in Aruba..........it sure isn't precision optics.

Misalignment due to improper or non existant parallax adjustment can mean a shot displacement of inches........I really did say inches, at ranges as close as 100 yards.

Take it for what it's worth but thats the condensed version of over four decades of  the study of precision shooting.
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2006 at 20:30

In his defence, parallax is more noteiceable in that it has major effect on the clairity of the picture at ranges you would use an airgun, I.E. 50ft. And when shooting a high powered rifle at ranges between 50 and 300 yds a scope with a fixed parallax setting at 100 yds, then you should be fine, unless you intentionally move you head to a different spot on the cheekpeice after each shot. Although thats not what he said I think that was the original information that he had, and it somehow got jumbled before it reached him.

Mike,

I think that we could have done without that first comment.

Now this is where everyone assumes that I'm taking sides. And that I am some politically correct liberal that is against the death sentance. Then all the regulars here come up with cheesy puns and insults to add to every other post that put on the website. actually, I was only trying to stop any further dispute, and it probably won't work, because I have only been at this a few years and don't know as much and have less experience than most of you.

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2006 at 21:18
Now this is where everyone assumes that I'm taking sides. And that I am some politically correct liberal that is against the death sentance. Then all the regulars here come up with cheesy puns and insults to add to every other post that put on the website. actually, I was only trying to stop any further dispute, and it probably won't work, because I have only been at this a few years and don't know as much and have less experience than most of you.

Well I'd say all that about you only if it'll make you feel better, but other than that such thought had not entered my mind.

Why parallax correction is important:

Parallax not corrected -vs- corrected..at 100 yards

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2006 at 21:25
Notice the dates on the first two pics.  There is almost an 18 month difference in the date of shooting, and there's teh same consistant accuracy even with 2 different rifles, scopes, stocks and calibers.  All groups fired bipod prone with no other means of support.  All scopes set at `10x.

Yes you can shoot without parallax correction but in the game of precision shooting, which  is the catagory the IOR 2.5-10X42 scope falls under, consistancy is everything and having the ability to adjust parallax means the difference between hitting and not hitting your target, whether for score, food, or life.

Look at target three.  Shot that consecutively, first no parralax correction then proper parallax correction.  Notice the difference.

Tha's as well as I can make my point.
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2006 at 23:17

Well I'd say all that about you only if it'll make you feel better, but other than that such thought had not entered my mind.

It wouldn't, and I agree with you completely, I personally think that more scopes should be made that have a PA. I was just pointing out what I thought he may have heard.

other than that I have nothing to add

ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2006 at 18:07

Well, if you are worried about paralax you can read the post in the US optics web site (they dont live in aruba ):

In a telescopic sight, parallax occurs when the “primary image” of the object is formed either in front of, or behind the reticle. If the eye is moved from the optical axis of the scope, this also creates parallax. If the primary image is formed on the same focal plane as the reticle, or if the eye is positioned in the optical axis of the scope, then there is no parallax, regardless of the position of the primary image.

High magnification scopes, or scopes for long range shooting, where even slight sighting errors would be serious, should be equipped with a parallax adjustment. This adjustment of the objective part of the optical system would ensure that the target can be brought in the exact focal plane of the reticle at any distance. Tactical style scopes are not usually supplied with parallax adjustment because the exact range of the target can never be anticipated. Scopes of lower magnification are not usually supplied with parallax adjustment either, because at lower powers the amount of parallax is so small as to have no importance for practical, fast target acquisition.

THERE ARE TWO FACTORS WHICH CAUSE AND DETERMINE THE AMOUNT OF PARALLAX IN A RIFLESCOPE:They are;
1. The distance of the target to the objective-- The objective lens forms a primary image of the subject being viewed and subsequent components invert the image, and there is no parallax. The actual position at which the image is formed is dependent on the distance the target is from the objective. Closer targets are formed farther away from the objective and farther targets are formed closer to the objective. Since the reticle is in a fixed position within the scope housing, the image is not always formed in the same plane as the reticle and, hence parallax.
2.The distance the eye can move from the optical axis of the scope---, is determined by exit pupil size. There is no parallax, at any distance, as long as the eye is lined up exactly with the optical axis of the scope. An exit pupil small enough to do this would be impractical. is important to know that in every scope, there is some parallax. It is also important to know that in every scope, there is some one shooting distance in which there is no parallax. In most rifle scopes this one point of no parallax is usually placed at a suitable mid-range point in the scopes’ focal range.

In lower quality scopes, there are other sources of parallax. If the reticle is not precisely placed the correct distance from the objective, the distance of no parallax will be exaggerated. Reticles that are not securely mounted and allowed to move even a few thousandths of an inch, will always have changing amounts of parallax. Parallax is also caused by optical deficiencies in the objective, either by design or manufacture. If spherical or astigmatic aberrations have not been corrected, images will form a considerable distance from the reticle. If you see a scope in which the apparent movement of the reticle compared with the image viewed is different from when you move your eye up and down than when you mover your eye side to side, it is because of a bad objective. No adjustment of the scope will eliminate these faults or optical deficiencies.

You can check the parallax of any scope by sighting an object at normal shooting distance (not indoors), by moving your eye side to side (or up and down), as far as you can, keeping the sighted object within the field of view. The apparent movement of the reticle in relation the target is parallax.

IOR 2.5-10X42 is a TACTICAL SCOPE not a TARGET SCOPE...and with this magnification range, add a paralax corrector is more a problem than a solution.

If you need a TARGET SCOPE..there are better choices (with more power/paralax corrector/ 1/8moa clicks)

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2006 at 18:11
OTS03,

I was once told By the principal of USO that I knew nothing about shooting.

That was just days prior to his honesty being disproved in a court of law.

Not alot that USO has to say interests me.
ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2006 at 18:31

mmm, well if you dont like Us optics you can read a lot of information in several web sites (do you like Zeiss ?),  the explanation is similar, because this is the thrue.

About IOR...I got several (5) , and are very good scopes..but choose a low magnification/variable/ half moa clicks/ mp8 reticle LIKE THE 2.5-10X42 ..for target shooting is a BAD CHOICE ...Its my opinion ( .you are the expert target shooter)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic